Skip to main content

Green Bell Pepper Powder ~ Dehydrating

 

I decided to dehydrate some of the last of the green bell peppers.  Sorry for the bad photo.  I am using my cell camera for now.  My download cord to my actual camera died, so I need a new one (it's on the way).

I made green bell pepper powder.  I will try this in scrambled eggs, sauces and dips for now.  It smells so good!  Have you made/used green bell pepper powder?

Green Bell Pepper Powder ~ Dehydrating   © Oct 2023 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

Comments

Jackie said…
How interesting. I have not done this as of yet, but will keep it in mind for next year. I did dehydrate tomato skins this year for the first time.

God bless.
Jackie, I too dehydrate tomato skins and make tomato powder.
Debi said…
I am looking for a dehydrator (hoping to catch one on sale). What kind do you have and do you like it? I only need it for fruits and vegetables. I won't be doing any "heavy duty" dehydrating. The green peppers look yummy.
Debi, my first dehydrator was a 4-5 tray (it was on the smaller side) Excalibur, and when that stopped working, I upgraded to a 9 tray. I can remove the trays to make homemade yogurt, and it has enough room to remove most of the trays, to also use it for rising breads. Of course it has plenty of room for dehydrating all herbs etc at once, and I have 4 mats to use with it. In the past I just used parchment paper when needed. There are smaller ones, and so many different brands, where they are in a more circle shape. I do not like those, other than for small batch dehydrating.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart