Skip to main content

Finale

I started this blog way back in 2008.  It's hard to believe I've been writing this blog for 16 years.  It doesn't seem like it's been that long either.

In those years we raised kids, dairy goats, chickens, pets, and so forth. I've shared our going-on's and gardening ups and downs.  I've shared my home repairs, upgrades and renovations.  I've shared my dehydrator experiences, handicraft and other craft experiences. 

I learned a lot from fellow bloggers and followers.  

I've shared many foraging recipes, DIY salves, lotions, chapstick recipes and more.  My blog was a great place to both share and learn.  

I really enjoyed writing my blog, reading blogs and sometimes laughing out loud.  Our family also went through many losses in the past 16 years.

It has come to the point where screen time is less, and more person to person is more, and overall more free time.  It's time to put an end to Pioneer Woman at Heart blogspot.

Finale © July 2024 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

Comments

Buttercup said…
Thanks for being part of the Blog community. Best wishes for the future!
Mama Pea said…
Kristina, you know I can relate to this decision. I don't know if I've ever missed reading one of your posts. I've enjoyed them all. The two pieces of your beautiful crochet work I have on the wall of my quilt room will always remind me of you. Blessings to you in whatever the future brings. Hugs.
Katie C. said…
Oh no! Lately several of my favorite blogs, your’s included, have decided to conclude their runs. I will miss reading your blog every morning.

Take care, Katie C.
Thanks for all the good information. You will be missed. Best wishes! 😘
I certainly understand! Wishing you a glorious future!
chipmunk said…
I will truly miss reading your blog, but do understand where you're coming from.
Sorry to see you go but if it is time to go it is time to go
Mother Em said…
Say it isn't so. I'd say it's too late for an April Fool's Joke.

Really going to miss reading your blog daily...Please don't stay away too long!

Mary in GA
Lillie said…
I am sorry to read that this is the finale of your blog. I certainly learned many things from your posts. Thank you for sharing a glimpse into the many various things that you do. I will miss your posts but understand that it must take a lot of time to get all your posts together to publish with all of the things you accomplish in a day. Best wishes.
Leigh said…
I absolutely get it. I support your decision but still feel sad about it! Still, you've got to do what's best for you and your family. I hope you will leave your blog up as a future resource.
Annie in Ocala said…
I will miss it also! Only discovered it about 5-6 years ago and although I go awhile between reading your new posts, I try to catch up when time allows... Best Wishes going forward!
Terri said…
Thank you for all you have shared over the years. Lots of inspiration!!
Take care- you will be missed.
Terri in Oregon

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart