Skip to main content

Herbal Bath Tea ~ Peppermint

I have only posted one herbal bath tea, and it was difficult to find again.  Blogger is having a few issues I guess.

Herbal Bath Tea ~ Cold and Flu


I purchased chemical and tag free "press n' brew" bags for tea making, but will mostly use them for traveling, and for bath teas.  We used muslin before, but ended up with tea leaves in the bath water each time.  By the way,
Mountain Rose Herbs sells these in two sizes, so you can mix up a larger mix in one for a bath bag (or two).  Or use the larger for an entire pot of tea. 
 


I found out that peppermint alone, is great for soothing itchy body rashes, so it can be added to your bath, so I made a few.  I seem to break out after cleaning the barn, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Homemade tea bags and bath bags are nice for gifting too.

Comments

Mama Pea said…
I hope anyone who is gifted your homemade tea bags and bath bags appreciates all the work that went into them. Talk about gifts made (grown) from scratch!
Michelle said…
Will have to try the peppermint tea for my husband, he has a real problem with itchy skin in the winter.
Mama Pea, I hope to grow new medicinal tea herbs this coming spring too.
Michelle, I used about two regular sized tea bags, and it was not enough. I'd use 5-6 or the larger one to put more herbs in.

Popular posts from this blog

Question

  I have asked this before, but I know I follow a few writers who have written (and published) novels.  What is the best free or best least expensive (simple like Word) writing software to use that is not Google Docs? Thanks! I'll be back with an update soon I hope.  But I do appreciate your help, because I cannot find the information some of you suggested.

Horsetail Salve ~ A "first" this Year

We purchased some horsetail salve to try last year.  It is said to help with severely dry, cracked skin.  My husband was the first to try it, with very, very dry and cracked hands from work. He loves it!  He joked I could not have it back.   I started the infused, horsetail oil the last part of March. Something I learned:   horsetail is also called shavegrass. I infused horsetail in oil, and strained it.  I then made horsetail salve.  I remembered to label my jar with what oil(s) I used, so I can journal this all in my "Herbal Remedies" journal.  I often forget to write the oil used. Now, the one we bought, has more in it than I put in ours, as far as ingredients (the purchased salve had lanolin, and aloe).  We'll see if ours works just as good.  I added the sage essential oil, and vitamin E oil. A "first" time experience for us this year.    I bought the larger tins at a seed store in an Amish area last year.  They a...

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart