Skip to main content

Homemade Garlic Jalapeno Seasoning

 I had a recipe (put on the internet in 2021) I made once last year, and could not find it.  I ended up finding it, but the recipe called for Weber's store brand Garlic Jalapeno Seasoning.  

You know me right?  I went on a mission.  First, I am not really a person to store a "mixed spice" in my pantry, other than my homemade "fire powder" for spicing up dishes when I want to.

However, they do come in handy for traveling, and especially when camping.  Mixed spices also come in handy for grilling out, grilling at a picnic etc.

To see the actual ingredients in the store brand, you can simply read the label next time shopping, or find it on the internet.  I have no idea what stores sell it, or if they even make it anymore, but sharing what my mission was pretaining to this seasoning.







The original seasoning contains sugar (more than the jalapeno), "spices" (no specifics on what this is), citric acid, gum arabic, rice concentrate, and "natural flavors" (huh?  why?).

Salt is listed first as an ingredient.  I salt and pepper myself, so I left this out, but you could add it.

Other ingredients listes are Garlic, Onion, Jalapeno Pepper, and Green Bell pepper.


I'm also sharing links to some of my older blog posts that may help if you have never dehydrated garden goods, or are interested in getting a dehydrator for this purpose.

How I dehydrate Garlic

How I make my dehydrated garlic into garlic powder

Making dehydrated onions and making onion powder etc

Dehydrating our hot peppers

How I grind dehydrated hot peppers

Deydrating and making green bell pepper powder


Here is what I mixed:

3 Tbsp. Garlic Powder, Homemade

2 Tbsp. Onion Powder, Homemade

1-2 Tbsp. Jalapeno Powder, Homemade (the more, the more heat)

1 to 1 1/2 tsp. Green Bell Pepper Powder to your taste, or leave out

Mix and store in an air tight container.


Note:  

2/3 cup dehydrated jalapenos = Approx. 2 Tbsp. Jalapeno powder


Our jalapenos are being harvested from the garden now.


If you do not grow a garden, or own a dehydrator, many Amish or bulk stores sell these ground powders, but be sure to read the label.  I have seen green bell pepper powder for sale, but it is expensive.

If you are wondering about the recipe that started this all, here it is:


I am not affilated with the cook on this video.  I found it by searching for new recipes to make with our home grown green beans - One Skillet Cheesy Ground Beef and Green Bean Casserole.

Note:  I first made this recipe with fresh minced garlic and jalapenos, so you don't always need a special seasoning

Another time I simply used homemade onion powder, homemade garlic powder, homemade fire powder, and homeamde green bell pepper powder.

Today's post title should be "Youtube made me do it" ha ha!


Homemade Garlic Jalapeno Seasoning  © July 2024 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart