Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday

We thankfully got rain all weekend, however it is too wet to work out there this morning.  I'll be weeding from the sides fo the flowers beds however.  




I finally found where I got my washcloth pattern.  It's from Cream of the Crop Crochet.  There are ads on the page, but I absolutely love this pattern for a washcloth.  Left is my old pattern, and the one on the right is the new pattern I found free online.




Today I am joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.
I will link up when she posts today.


The weather . . .

Looks like we stay in the 80's with more rain this week.


As I look outside my window . . .

Flower beds look horrible!  Full of weeds.


Right now I am . . .

Making a 2nd pot of coffee.  


Thinking and pondering . . .

Apparently we bought two different shades of corner trims (for the bathroom), so we have to return 3 pieces and pick up 4 more.  Trying to figure out if we can go do that tonight, or pay the handyman to go do it (would have to pay him for gas).


How I am feeling  . . .

Ready to get some weeds pulled.  But first the coffee...


On the breakfast plate . . .

Einkorn pancakes and blueberry sausages, coffee


What I am wearing . . .

Work jeans, tank top - weeding day.


On the reading pile . . .

Does the mail count? Ha ha!


On my TV . . .

Virgin River


On the menu . . . 

-sheet pan chicken, brussel sprouts, carrots

-have no idea on the rest yet.


Looking around the house . . .

All of the trim, other than the bathroom floor trim has left my living room.  I still need to clean off a kitchen table, and start packing up the living room for that floor repair.


To-do list . . .

-laundry
-dishes
-weed flower beds
-check tomatoes for worms, check beans
-plant indoor cilantro, parsley, and basil
-work in living room 


From the camera . . .


New sign for the kitchen.


Devotional . . .

I still haven't moved all of my "office" back, so I haven't found my devotional book yet.  I need to get that done this week.



Comments

Carol said…
I love the sign. It sounds as though your weeds are as bad as ours. I hate trying to keep up with them.
Chrissy T said…
Good day! I am visiting from Diary of a stay at home mom. I love your sign!!!! I have been seeing a lot of people saying they are watching Virgin River. I have no idea what it is. I will check it out. :)
Jodi said…
I binged the latest season of Virgin River, so good!! Love the dishcloths! Have a great week!
Carol, the weeds have been terrible this year, especially the flower beds. The vegetable garden always comes first, so they look terrible.
Chrissy T, you will love Virgin River. We just finished it last night. Thanks, my husband picked out the sign.
Thank you Jodi, have a great week as well!
Sandra said…
Just finished the last season of Virgin River yesterday, loved it so much. Just hate having to wait again for a new one hahahah

Looks like a lot of us are making second and third cups of coffee. Tired mama's out here.

Have a blessed week my friend,
Sandra
xoxo
Jean said…
What a fun sign for your kitchen! Hope you have a wonderful week!
Sandra and Jean, thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart