Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Signs of Spring

 

Yarrow

Lilacs are on.


Comfrey


Feverfew.


Bleeding heart.



So many signs of spring, but I'll be digging out the old sheets to cover during these next few days.  The daffodils and hyacinths are about done for the season, but will need to cover the asparagus, rhubarb and everything pictured in this post too.  Oh, and my green onions.

I went out to pick asparagus for dinner (finally have enough for a meal), I saw that some Russian kale and some collards were up.  Yummy!






4 comments:

Sharon Kwilter said...

Very pretty. I love spring.

Debi said...

Your plants are looking great! Ours are just starting to show up. I picked all my daffodils this morning because we are supposed to get "up to" six inches of snow tomorrow. Ugh...

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Debi, I have been brining in mine too. Might as well enjoy them inside.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Sharon