Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, December 20, 2019

Baby it's Cold Outside ~ "Sugar Plums in my Head"

Thursday the "feels like" index was 0°F.  It was frigid for sure.  I did the water exchange for the chickens, but the door was froze to the ground on the barn.  After a few minutes I got it free.


I've been dreaming of a better garden year more so then ever.  I sure miss my bounty.


I've also be dreaming of the days when I can dry my laundry outside again.   It's been so cold, and not very windy, nor sunny lately.

We are planning our daughter's 18th birthday party now.  Hard to believe it's arriving already.

I'm just about done with my scarf order.   Hopefully I will have time today for that.

Today is the last day of school for Christmas break.  Daughter is taking her teacher gifts in.   I ended up putting together 3 nail polish crochet ornaments and they each got some strawberry margarita jam.  I hope they like their gifts.





4 comments:

Carol said...

I am sure the teachers will love those gifts! I am sure that many do not get gifts these days. I love handmade gifts as I know some thought went into them.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Carol, thank you. I hope they do like their gifts. I'm already working on a list for handmade stuff for next year for the kids, Hubby and other family.

Lisa B said...

I dry on my clothesline year round. It may take a day longer at frigid temps but they do dry. I will hang up in racks inside over heat vents if its snowing or raining. Dumped the dryer 15 years ago and haven't run into any issues yet.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Lisa B, I have to keep the dryer for the bedding. We only have one set per bed and it has to dry before putting back on. Otherwise I do dry outside, just not at 0°F. I have 3 drying racks not including the one upstairs that daughter uses for her laundry.