Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, December 19, 2019

Snow ~ Conversations in my Head

I had plans to make a trip to the "big city" yesterday, but snow squalls moved in, making roads slippery.  I decided to stay home and work on orders and cleaning the house.  

I cleaned up the kitchen, did the dishes, some laundry, put together Mom's Christmas gift, and started on the bedroom closet (again, and a daunting task as it holds my yarn and crafting items).


Pantry Score!  Last jar of home canned BBQ sauce.  It went into the crock pot with organic chicken breasts.





I'm going to try my hardest to stay on track this coming year.  Is it bad I have a 3 ring binder for next Christmas (gift ideas, recipes, ornaments to make)? 



I want to get stuff done during winter so the garden(s) will have my full attention next year.  It also means I need to organize and purge the rest of the bedroom closet, re-organize my patterns (the two I have are a mess and out of order).  

Even if it's getting rid of one item or putting one thing back in it's home, my goal is daily cleaning of the closet to get it done and off my list.  What got done yesterday?  In the closet?

A conversation in my head that's for sure . . .

"I can get rid of this"

"That's where that went"

"This is such a mess"

"I need a craft room all to myself"

"Where in the world am I going to put that?"

"I better get a trash bag"

"I can donate that"

"Daughter can have that"

"Oh my gosh, I DO have yellow yarn"






6 comments:

Carol said...

I completely understand! I sell Pink Zebra fragrance products and my "office" is half of my grand doll's bedroom and although she is rarely sleeping there, the closet stores much of my stuff and it is always surprising to me when I find something that I think I don't have.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Carol, ha ha! That is so my bedroom closet. I need to get super organized this winter.

Mama Pea said...

Oh, I LOVE your idea of a 3-ring binder with recipes, ideas, etc. for Christmas next year. We may have a houseful next year (yikes!) so I was just thinking earlier this morning that now won't be too early to start getting organized!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, thanks. I think it's our turn next year to host too, so I'm trying to organize very early lol!

Cockeyed Jo said...

I use my pocket program on my 'puter. I put different tags on things saved in there to make it easier to find.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks for the idea Cockeyed Jo