Skip to main content

Garlic Scape and Radish Spread ~ Roasted Spring Vegetables with Brussels Sprouts

I am still getting a few more garlic scapes, although most have been cut of.  

If you happen to have one garlic scape, this recipe is wonderful.  I have to buy the organic cream cheese.  I don't have a source for raw goat's milk or cow milk right now.


This new recipe was amazing!  Hubby and I are the only two in the household who like raw radishes, so we got to eat this all to ourselves.  Yum!  Honestly, you don't even taste them in this spread.  Hubby said so far this is the best spread I've made.

Here is the recipe:

Garlic Scape-Radish Spread
1 cup chopped radishes (I used french breakfast radishes)
1 garlic scape, I diced (slicing would work too)
1 cup fresh spinach, thinly sliced
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
1 Tbsp. lemon juice

Mix together, serve on seeded crackers, celery sticks, etc.

I used all organic ingredients (and home grown).  Delicious!




It was 94°F, and felt like 98°F, yesterday.  I kept begging the rain to arrive and give my gardens a nice big drink.  The grass literally crunched under my feet.  Too hot to be outside too long.  Too hot for a motorcycle ride, and too hot to sit on the porch.  Hot, hot, hot.   However, a breeze kicked up late, cooling off the porch, and I actually took crochet work out.  The lightest work I could find.  It was still hot.  Rain arrived, so I am thrilled today.

Our egg supply is grand, so I boiled more and we had egg salad sandwiches.  In the early morning, I came in with these lovely pickings. - sugar snap peas, two more garlic scapes, and a few more spears of asparagus.  I tossed them all together, along with radishes and brussels sprouts, drizzled olive oil, salt and pepper, and some oregano from the herb garden.  Mmmm!  

If you haven't tried roasting your radishes, you really should.  I still can't get my vegetarian to try one this way, but hopefully she will.  I had about 10-12 spears of asparagus, and I have a few more coming up.  It's crazy that I'm getting it so late, and in this heat.

Comments

Rain said…
I keep reading how hot it is for you. We're having a so-so summer, though it's only just begun so I have to remember that. It keeps going from hot and humid to November weather. But July and August are just around the corner! Your veggies look yummy!
Thanks Rain, dinner was delicious.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart