Skip to main content

Random Tidbits

I finally got my hot bath, using tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil, and bath salts.  Boy it felt great, especially on my belly.  It's slow going for sure, just to get my walking balance back.  The slow intro of food is the most frustrating.   I'm starving, but I know I have to introduce slowly, and meats are far down on the list sadly.  I could devour a homemade bacon/potato omelet this morning, ha ha!  Coffee is back in action, followed by afternoons of tea and water and rest.   Jesse and I took a short nap together.  He pretty much was on top of me, making sure I didn't over due it, ha ha!

First goal, wash a load of laundry, and put it on drying racks.  In a day or two anyway.  Second goal?  Mix up a frittata for Hubby to take to work (easier than standing to mix up a scramble).  That may take a few more days longer.  Bills are an entirely different big job.  I had it all under control, but with being gone so long, we are very far behind on daughter's college.  This part worries me, but I keep praying.  She is doing so well, and now they are giving us a "cut off" date if we don't pay by and if we do not, she can't go to college.  Our medical bills just quadrupled.  Thanks to me. Ambulance ride, xray by the ton, medications, hospital room, etc etc.  I have to keep calm and pray and pray and make some calls.  I haven't put a dent in Hubby's hospital bills yet either.  Anyway.....

~ our egg supply is about 5 dozen right now (ha ha ha!).  With Hubby staying at the hospital (then going to work) and me not cooking, the eggs are piling up.  We are boiling them for me for one "soft food" and the kids are planning to bake up some holiday fare (I get this year off).

~my araucanas are now laying of all times.  Lol!  They must have listened to me about going into the stew pot.



~my fingernails grew to great lengths while in the hospital, so those are getting pampered this week sometime.  Same with my toes.

~ sadly, my beautiful fall-ish quilted mug rug, that I've kept by my computer morning area is gone.  I asked the kids.  No one knows where it went.  I hope to dig a bit more as I feel better, and hope to find it.

~barn cat Timmy has been gone since about the week of shot-gun week.  So sad not to hold him on these cold days and feel is warming purr.  I am praying a hunter did not get him.

~a very small, long haired gray kitten has shown up in our barn.  I'm told by the kids anyway.  I have yet to have enough strength and balance to walk out there.

~ I've had a library book out since the first few days of December, and I'm finally getting help returning it.  Oh well....calling the librarian and telling her I was in the hospital.  They'll take the return, but expect the large late fee anyway.

~ I have zero presents for anyone, not even Hubby, and my brain is not clear enough to shop online, so Hubby and I may take a ride to a Harley store after Christmas, and get himself a bike cover (much needed).  Well see.  

~my 14 year-old already set up her birthday dinner (although it's nothing I can eat, I'll adapt to something).

~ I so much enjoying watching the sunrise out our front room yesterday.  I almost went to take a photo, it was that pretty.  I didn't see anything like it up at the hospital, and when I walked the halls and looked out windows, I didn't see one lick of "Christmas" anywhere.  Here I see beautiful snow, pretty pink skies and peace.

~ another goal - rip out all carpeting.  I smell dog pee.  They must have had accidents while I was gone, and the girls are using a shampoo machine, but the carpet will need ripped out soon.

~well, I'm off to start another day of getting my strength back.  I can't eat eggs all day long, so I hope to come up with some nice and healthy alternatives that provide nutrition, energy and good health for me.  And of course stay in the "soft food" category for the time being.  

 

 
 

Comments

Mama Pea said…
Uh-oh. You're starting to sound like your old self . . . go, go, go without a minutes rest and thinking about taking care of everyone (and everything!) except yourself! I know you're far from functioning at full steam ahead, but I can tell you're thinking about it. ;o} You've got to take care of yourself, Kristina, 'cause you sure don't want a relapse. I really hope you are careful and let all those able hands around the house help.
Sam I Am...... said…
Oh my! I'm just catching up and wondered where you'd been. I'm going now to read and see what happened to you!
Debby Flowers said…
So glad you are home and on the road to recovery, what an awful thing you have had to endure. I wish you and your family a peaceful, healthy holiday season and winter.
Mama Pea, I am still taking it very slow. No walking out of the house at all, and only walking when someone is home. A dog could trip me in an instance right now. I'm very positive now, and would not be here without my right hand "rock" of a husband.
Thank you Debby. I am trying not to worry about a dirty coop, nor feeding animals, cleaning, nor baking at all. I'm really trying to let things go until the family can help even more this Christmas break.
RB said…
Glad to hear your mending...one small step at a time. It's so easy to get a good day, try to overdo and then have a relapse. And those are sometimes worse than the initial illness was.
As for the overload of eggs, Praise God, and remember they can be pickled.
Continuing in prayer for you and yours, and praying Timmy comes home soon.
God bless.
RB
<><
Nancy In Boise said…
Take care of yourself! You don't want to go downhill. Have you tired cooked oat, millet, etc? Soft with smoe protein...
Little Homestead, yes. My kids and Hubby are helping cook me various meals to regain my strength. Thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart