Skip to main content

Christmas Goat Fun!


Courtesy of my 20 year-old "Vet-Tech" in training daughter - happy photos of the goats.  She dressed up all of her animals and took fun photos of them playing (including her rabbit!).  This brought smiles to my face, as I am unable to walk to the barn yet.  Gosh I just love these guys.  They are sporting their Christmas collars and bells, ha ha!  Of course they were not left on, but they seemed to enjoy playing around with them.

Comments

Yarrow said…
I'm loving your blog, but I'm so sorry to read about how ill you've been. I understand totally how you feel. I hope you're slowly returning to health now.x
Nancy In Boise said…
How cute! Are you feeling better?
Thank you Yarrow, I so much want to be back to "normal" but trying to take it slow.
Little Homestead, yes, I am feeling better each day and each day my stomach feels so much better. Nights are the worst I think, as I am trying to sleep through the entire night. I was woken up so many times in the hospital for 10-11 days, that I need time to get my sleep pattern back to normal. I am so hungry too and can't wait to get more in my diet. I am so glad I have home canned applesauce and fresh bananas for fruit right now.
RB said…
Hilarious!!!
Goats are pretty much, "If I can't eat it, get it outta here." LOL
Praying you're getting better with each day that passes, and you rest far longer than you feel like you want to too.
God bless.
RB
<><
Katmom said…
Dear Kristina,,, just wanted to pop in and hope you are back to your ol'self again supper soon and to wish you a Very Merry Christmas...
Thank you Katmom, and I wish for your holidays to be super fun too.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart