Skip to main content

Re-Stocking Supply ~ Flourless Brownies (Oh My!)

We used the last "can" of homemade mushroom soup in our freezer, so I'll be spending the day mixing up more and re-stocking the supply.  

This time I will make a few cream of chicken soups as well.



Yesterday, I spent the morning in the kitchen making breakfast.  I started by cooking a shallot, red pepper, and chopped kale. Later I added one small minced garlic.



I placed leftover chopped ham in the larger quiche dish (oiled with olive oil).


Then I added the veggies to both the small (for my vegetarian daughter) dish, and then topped the ham in the larger dish.



I topped them both with eggs beat with some plain greek yogurt (I mixed 8 eggs, with 2 individual size (5.3 oz/150g) cartons of non-gmo greek yogurt).

It's funny how things work out when not even planned.  Daughter will get her protein this way too.  And I plan to play around with homemade yogurts this coming year too.




I added the extra egg on account of the small dish, but the nice part about this type of dish, is I can bake Daughter's dish in a mini-quiche dish, or in a wide-mouth half pint canning jar.



Although I was tempted to sprinkle a cheese on this dish, I did not - all experimental.



Later I mixed up a batch of homemade teriyaki sauce for dinner as well.

And I apologize in advance to Mama Pea (tee hee), I made the Flourless Brownies that Family Circle magazine had in their Valentine's day food issue.  The recipe is online too, but it appears you have to register at their site to get the entire recipe.  Our stores here did not carry organic unsweetened chocolate, but I will be calling a few health stores now to find some.  We love this brownie recipe.



I don't use non-stick spray anymore, so I used olive oil, and had a bit of trouble getting them out of the muffin tin.  We topped these (warmed of course) with ice cream then drizzled Whiskey Butterscotch sauce over it.  I think I saw a few kids (and Hubby too) licking their plates.

It was our "out with a bang" dessert for the year, but the main reason to try the sauce was to taste it (possible gifts for the next upcoming year).

Although the year is coming to and end, we are getting our routine back to normal.  Goat feed was re-stocked as well, and homemade dog food for Sadie.

After that absolutely wonderful dessert, we all need to go do a good work out now.  It was worth it though.

Comments

Susan said…
Oh, my, gosh. I almost swooned at the thought of that dessert! I did manage to get the recipe, so I will be trying those at some point over the winter. I am looking forward to some indoor time to finish projects that have been lingering for way too long.
Susan, both the brownies and sauce are delicious. I won't be making it for a while now. We just wanted to try it, and I am so glad we did. Of course good ingredients help it taste better too.
Unknown said…
Thanks for the idea for the brownie! I did find this-
http://lifemadesimplebakes.com/2014/07/rich-fudgy-flourless-brownies/
Sounds similar....
Mama Pea said…
I had to grin when the picture of the nearly finished off quiche came up. Nobody liked it, huh? ;o)

Don't apologize for including the picture of the Whiskey Butterscotch Sauce over ice cream on top of the brownie. Didn't bother me a bit. But after licking the picture on my screen for a while, my tongue feels funny and the screen is a little blurry.
Mama Pea, I just about spit out my coffee reading your comment - ha ha ha! So funny! I need a good laugh every day too.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart