Skip to main content

Snowed In and Loving It!

We did get snow on Friday night, but most of it came down all day Saturday.  Thank goodness there was no wind, so drifting was not a problem.  We are getting more snow today too. 


I took advantage of the snowfall, and stayed in and cleaned my bedroom.  I was just getting a table ready for Hubby and I to have a candlelight dinner in there, but work called him away. 


My 16 year-old daughter was out watering her goats, when Sapphire came along and wanted a drink too.

Winston is is quite the cat.  He loves his morning snuggling with me, and loves to sit in the windows.  We've even caught him playing with yarn, so I gave him a pipe cleaner to play with.  But.....he can't stay.  I hope to have him a good home soon.  He's only listed on the Humane Society's "found" page for 24 more days.  

Today I am thankful for:
~ a warm house
~ breakfast made by Hubby, his omelets are awesome!
~ a clean bedroom
~ the "possibility" of a candlelight dinner tonight with Hubby
~ online sermons
~ good news in my inbox
~ God's Grace
~ books
~ that God led Winston to us, so we can find him a good home
~ Hubby
~our chickens, for all their hard work in producing their eggs

Comments

Willow said…
We were in a parade yesterday and it started snowing like crazy , I loved it :) Your barn looks so beautiful.
Carolyn said…
Good luck on finding Winston a new forever home!
Sandra said…
We are getting the snow here too.
Freshly fallen snow always looks so pretty!
My oldest is hoping school gets cancelled tomorrow!
Hope you get to make up that candle light dinner... Love the beautiful barn pictures with the snow. So sweet that you are looking out for Winston, hope he finds a home soon.
I love reading your thankful lists...

Pat
Mama Pea said…
(Hooray! I am finally able to comment.)

We had another inch of snow before dawn this morning and the forecast is calling for 80% chance of more snow during this day. Talk about a white Christmas this year!

Winston is such a good cat there must be the perfect home for him out there. Maybe as a Christmas present . . . for him AND his new family!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart