Skip to main content

Reclaiming the Garden

I'm reclaiming my vegetable garden . . .

. . . cleaning  it up

 . . . one day

. . . one section

. . . when time allows.

The garden did spit out one very small banana pepper, one very small green pepper, and some super chili peppers.  I simply sliced them all up (and a few jalapeno peppers from the guy down the road), and dehydrated them all. Oh, I had 3 more very small cayenne peppers too.  I will grind them all up, using the tip from a blog follower, and making a super hot powder.   I added the 4 teensy habaneros to this too.  I better go make a label for it.  I may even keep a few dried rings for chili and other soups this winter. 

Now I must get back to work.


Comments

Well, your one day one section...LOOKS GOOD!
I was looking at our little fenced garden...thinking, I could probably plant something in there if I get out there and clean it up.
Isn't it funny...? Just when you think you're getting a handle on THE LIST (of things to do) ...someone reminds you there is always more.
Ha! That is what happens when I come here to read. ;)

Thanks! (i think) Pat
Liz said…
Sadly my garden was in the same shape. I need to dry my peppers. Lots of hot peppers this year.
EMMA said…
Great stuff. Veggi gardens are such a lot of work but so worth it.
I've never tried peppers, I'm not sure they would grow here. Maybe I should try them in with the cabbage, might stop the deer who come to our garden for supper!!
RB said…
Doing the same thing here with my rose garden which got totally out of hand because of all the rain which they loved and flourished on. Now it looks more like a briar patch than a rose garden. LOL

So I went to do some pruning, stepped in a fire ant nest about half way through, and scurried back in the house to dose my feet with witch hazel.

It's always something, isn't it. LOL

God bless.

RB
<><

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart