Skip to main content

Recycling Tiny Plastic Hangers

These plastic hangers are typically found on packages of socks, kitchen towels, and other linens.  

I've been saving them in a recycled glass jar, and keeping them with my craft supplies.  I finally found a way to reuse them.




I know it's a small piece of plastic, but like plastic bread ties, everyone in the world is throwing these in their home garbage, and eventually in landfills. I just thought I would share.

You could use them to organize necklaces and bracelets in some way as well.  They would make nifty-thrifty Christmas ornament hangers too.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The weather here has been so nice, it surely helps with all the fall outside work.  The farmers are taking out their crops, so I have not been on the front porch these past few days.  The dust from their crops have been flying in the wind, like huge dust storms.

Timmy, the black barn cat who adopted us, has earned his keep.  We've seen him with a mouse in his mouth several times this week.  Good kitty.

School is keeping the kids very busy.  One joined the art club and the spanish club (a teacher told her that when she applies at colleges, this type of participation is very important).  

Oh, and boy has the school year already started situations - pencils stolen, friends be-friended, and other chaos.  We can view all the kids grades on-line, and my 11 year-old saw there was a paper marked missing, giving her a C in the class.  She dug through her graded papers, and low and behold, there was the "missing paper" that was not only handed in, but returned graded.  She took that paper to the teacher, and pointed out it was marked as missing.  Her mid-term went from a C to an A.  It makes me wonder how many other papers come up "missing."

School not only brings on chaos and the "crud," it brings on late night homework and grouchy, irritable kids. Ugh. 

Yesterday I was able to cut more basil, rosemary and spearmint for drying.  I hope to get the basil and rosemary potted and brought in before the weather reached below the freezing mark.  I brought in a large bundle of sage to dry as well.  

I'm working diligently on chores, and hope to sneak one more camping trip in this fall.

Comments

Mama Pea said…
What an ingenious way to use those little plastic "hooks!" Wish my brain could think of things like that.

We raised only the one daughter, but I'm glad we're through those school years . . . especially now when so many kids seem to be left to pretty much raise themselves. No one to instill values, morals and such into their growing little brains and bodies.

I always think once summer is over, fall will be a slower, more relaxed time (silly me) but there's still so much harvesting to do and chores that must be done before bad weather hits. Yep, we have to just keep working diligently on chores . . . that's the only way they'll get done! :o)
Beansieleigh said…
Great idea for the plastic hangers!.. Another idea: I've taken two at a time to form hearts, for the tops of the tags I make! (which works to hang something as well!) ~tina
Oh, the heart idea is a a great idea. Thanks!
RB said…
Great idea for those little hangers. Was thinking too you could use them to dry your herbs. Just tie them up with string, pass the string through the hole in the hanger, and hang it from a wire rack to dry. The shelf racks from old ovens work good for that. Just hang them from the ceiling or something with a couple of hooks and hang things on them with those little plastic hooks.

God bless.

RB
<><

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart