Skip to main content

Recycling Tiny Plastic Hangers

These plastic hangers are typically found on packages of socks, kitchen towels, and other linens.  

I've been saving them in a recycled glass jar, and keeping them with my craft supplies.  I finally found a way to reuse them.




I know it's a small piece of plastic, but like plastic bread ties, everyone in the world is throwing these in their home garbage, and eventually in landfills. I just thought I would share.

You could use them to organize necklaces and bracelets in some way as well.  They would make nifty-thrifty Christmas ornament hangers too.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The weather here has been so nice, it surely helps with all the fall outside work.  The farmers are taking out their crops, so I have not been on the front porch these past few days.  The dust from their crops have been flying in the wind, like huge dust storms.

Timmy, the black barn cat who adopted us, has earned his keep.  We've seen him with a mouse in his mouth several times this week.  Good kitty.

School is keeping the kids very busy.  One joined the art club and the spanish club (a teacher told her that when she applies at colleges, this type of participation is very important).  

Oh, and boy has the school year already started situations - pencils stolen, friends be-friended, and other chaos.  We can view all the kids grades on-line, and my 11 year-old saw there was a paper marked missing, giving her a C in the class.  She dug through her graded papers, and low and behold, there was the "missing paper" that was not only handed in, but returned graded.  She took that paper to the teacher, and pointed out it was marked as missing.  Her mid-term went from a C to an A.  It makes me wonder how many other papers come up "missing."

School not only brings on chaos and the "crud," it brings on late night homework and grouchy, irritable kids. Ugh. 

Yesterday I was able to cut more basil, rosemary and spearmint for drying.  I hope to get the basil and rosemary potted and brought in before the weather reached below the freezing mark.  I brought in a large bundle of sage to dry as well.  

I'm working diligently on chores, and hope to sneak one more camping trip in this fall.

Comments

Mama Pea said…
What an ingenious way to use those little plastic "hooks!" Wish my brain could think of things like that.

We raised only the one daughter, but I'm glad we're through those school years . . . especially now when so many kids seem to be left to pretty much raise themselves. No one to instill values, morals and such into their growing little brains and bodies.

I always think once summer is over, fall will be a slower, more relaxed time (silly me) but there's still so much harvesting to do and chores that must be done before bad weather hits. Yep, we have to just keep working diligently on chores . . . that's the only way they'll get done! :o)
Beansieleigh said…
Great idea for the plastic hangers!.. Another idea: I've taken two at a time to form hearts, for the tops of the tags I make! (which works to hang something as well!) ~tina
Oh, the heart idea is a a great idea. Thanks!
RB said…
Great idea for those little hangers. Was thinking too you could use them to dry your herbs. Just tie them up with string, pass the string through the hole in the hanger, and hang it from a wire rack to dry. The shelf racks from old ovens work good for that. Just hang them from the ceiling or something with a couple of hooks and hang things on them with those little plastic hooks.

God bless.

RB
<><

Popular posts from this blog

Horsetail Salve ~ A "first" this Year

We purchased some horsetail salve to try last year.  It is said to help with severely dry, cracked skin.  My husband was the first to try it, with very, very dry and cracked hands from work. He loves it!  He joked I could not have it back.   I started the infused, horsetail oil the last part of March. Something I learned:   horsetail is also called shavegrass. I infused horsetail in oil, and strained it.  I then made horsetail salve.  I remembered to label my jar with what oil(s) I used, so I can journal this all in my "Herbal Remedies" journal.  I often forget to write the oil used. Now, the one we bought, has more in it than I put in ours, as far as ingredients (the purchased salve had lanolin, and aloe).  We'll see if ours works just as good.  I added the sage essential oil, and vitamin E oil. A "first" time experience for us this year.    I bought the larger tins at a seed store in an Amish area last year.  They a...

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

New Recipe Tried and other Bits

  I tried a new granola recipe and boy it's good.  First, it's a recipe from Mennonite Girls and Cook, and called "Backpack Snacks" online.  It calls for granola, so I used my homemade granola that we love.  Picture is the dry ingredients. Second, I pressed the final mixture into a 9 x 9, parchment lined baking dish instead of rolling it into balls.  The color of these photos are all different, because of the time of day, and how dark the house was from the thick Canadian smoke that was still outside at the time. These cut very nicely, and were very good, straight from the refrigerator.  It was hard to eat just one of them.  I will be making this again, and switching out the peanuts with walnuts, and switching out the raisins with dates.  Oh my!  The binder is honey and peanut butter. These are perfect for your hiking days, camping, your grandkids, or just for snacks when you want one. The rain arrived thank goodness, and washed the smoke in...