Skip to main content

Granny Squares Everywhere ~ Reclaiming Home and Garden



It was bound to happen.  I got bit by the "granny square bug."  I made several bottle cap keychains with round granny squares for garden.  These can be made into magnets also.



I made several bottle cap necklaces (and more keychains) as well.



I have been crocheting up several granny squares for winter scarves.  These will be donated to a homeless event next month.  I'll have updates later on what these will look like.



And I just had to try these granny square dishcloths too.  Aren't they so cute?

 The start of another cotton hand towel.


 The start of a cotton dishcloth perhaps?


Weekend is over...reclaiming a clean and organized home begins....oh, and the garden too.


We had a very long week, followed by a long weekend, packed with activities - Homecoming, and a wedding. My younger brother had his wedding at a winery, in the wine cellar.  It was beautiful, and it was fun to see all the family members again.

It will be nice when I have all of my house (and garden) reclaimed, and every errand and need caught up with.  Then I can take a rest and enjoy a fall day on the porch.

I have to go dig out more granny square patterns.....toodle-loo....



Comments

Liz said…
Love the granny squares! I wish I could crochet, I would be smitten with them too!
EMMA said…
WOW, what beautiful crochet projects. Love the bottle tops! I'm sure they will be a best seller.
Can't wait to see more of your finished objects.
Winnie said…
These granny square necklaces are just the cutest!! You come up with the most amazing ideas!
Willow said…
What a great idea , anf very pretty too !
Faith said…
I love the look of the granny, but UGH the joining...not my favorite part. How cute are these bottle cap key chains, what a grand idea.
Faith, the bottle cap necklaces and keychains sell great at most craft shows. Thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart