Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, July 29, 2013

Rainbow

We continue to get rain, but one day we were given a rainbow too.



Most of my carrots are underwater, but I managed to pull a few.  They are wide, but short this year.  I'm thankful we will get at least a meal or two from them.

We have started the repairs on the barn (that lost it's roofing in one of the storms).  The cement blocks in the base of the wall, on the backside, had been knocked completely loose in one corner.  They removed most of them, and cemented them and tuck pointed them.  Now they are drying, and the roofing starts next.  We've already had rainfall twice (and heavy) since I posted last, so I am praying for no more rain.

Before we got blasted with another rainfall, the one prior to the rainbow, I was able to weed most of my flower beds.  The weather was strangely cool, and I spent from about 10am to 4:30pm pulling weeds.  I am still not done (that's how much rain we've had).

Ironically, the camper has a propane leak, so Hubby is going to replace the line on that too.  Thank goodness he tested it with a spray bottle filled with soapy water. 
 

2 comments:

EMMA said...

Dear me, the weather is being rough with you. How ironic that the camper has a propane leak too!!!
Enjoy your carrots. We ate our first ones from the garden last week - I cut them into thing strips and roasted them until just crispy then sprinkled chopped garlic, parsley and lemon over them. Delicious.

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Kristina-
I always learn stuff when I come here.
Today: Tuck Pointing. Didn't know what that was, but thanks to you and a quick google-ing...NOW I KNOW!
We have a chance of rain everyday...a couple of weeks ago, we had drizzling rain every day. Unlike your down pours...ours are just enough to make the grass grow. We haven't had standing water in sometime.
That is interesting about the propane leak on the camper...I guess with recent happenings in the home; it was in the forefront of your Hubby's mind. Good thing he is checking it all out.
Pat