Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, June 20, 2014

Me, Turtleman and a Treadmill



Thursday was a normal inside chore day.  I am having a bit of difficulty coming up with an interesting post that doesn't have to do with sweating through 3 pairs of underwear, or chasing chickens. Or scrubbing a toilet or two.


I did make a batch of homemade ricotta that will be used for a few dinners this coming weekend, but the highlight to share is our trip to the gym.

I was jogging on the treadmill at a fairly good pace.  Hubby was on the treadmill next to me, jogging as well.

In front of the treadmills are windows, but up on the walls on the right and left are two large televisions.  We happened to be pretty close to one.  I had my shuffle blasting upbeat music to keep me going, and I happened to look up at the TV (and probably shouldn't have).

Turtleman was on.  Yep.  You know that guy who rescues people from pesky pests?  Well, we continued to jog and watched him catch animals, but....

You know how televions show the words so you can read what they are saying while your listening to music?  Well, there he (Turtleman) was "Wah, Wah, Wah!" pretending to be Bruce Lee and all I could think of was my older brother.  I busted out laughing, tripped and almost fell flat on my face on the treadmill.  Hubby got a good laugh.  

You see,  my older brother once took the older girls camping, and they brought back videos and photos.  That's all I'm sayin' about my older brother and Turtleman. Ha ha ha ha!  The two really do need to meet some day. 





5 comments:

Sandra said...

Love your photo, so pretty :)

I would love to make homemade ricotta, is it hard?

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sandra, I use 4 1/2 qts. raw goat's milk, 1 cup organic/non-gmo plain yogurt and one crushed rennet tablet (I buy them in the gelatin section of the grocery store). It sits all night then is scooped out, rinsed and drained. I got the recipe from Mother Earth News website.

Sam I Am...... said...

Funny even though I have no idea who Turtleman is. LOL!
I am on a cleaning binge lately..about time. I'm off to recycling now....things are going out the door and NOT coming back....YAY!
I love your flowers and container...I would love to sit with you and have a glass of your ginger ale. Stay cool!

My Garden Diaries said...

You cracked me up with this one! And please share that recipe!!! Sounds fantastic! Wishing you a lovely weekend lady! Nicole xo

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I'll re-post that link to the recipe soon.