Skip to main content

Me, Turtleman and a Treadmill



Thursday was a normal inside chore day.  I am having a bit of difficulty coming up with an interesting post that doesn't have to do with sweating through 3 pairs of underwear, or chasing chickens. Or scrubbing a toilet or two.


I did make a batch of homemade ricotta that will be used for a few dinners this coming weekend, but the highlight to share is our trip to the gym.

I was jogging on the treadmill at a fairly good pace.  Hubby was on the treadmill next to me, jogging as well.

In front of the treadmills are windows, but up on the walls on the right and left are two large televisions.  We happened to be pretty close to one.  I had my shuffle blasting upbeat music to keep me going, and I happened to look up at the TV (and probably shouldn't have).

Turtleman was on.  Yep.  You know that guy who rescues people from pesky pests?  Well, we continued to jog and watched him catch animals, but....

You know how televions show the words so you can read what they are saying while your listening to music?  Well, there he (Turtleman) was "Wah, Wah, Wah!" pretending to be Bruce Lee and all I could think of was my older brother.  I busted out laughing, tripped and almost fell flat on my face on the treadmill.  Hubby got a good laugh.  

You see,  my older brother once took the older girls camping, and they brought back videos and photos.  That's all I'm sayin' about my older brother and Turtleman. Ha ha ha ha!  The two really do need to meet some day. 





Comments

Sandra said…
Love your photo, so pretty :)

I would love to make homemade ricotta, is it hard?
Sandra, I use 4 1/2 qts. raw goat's milk, 1 cup organic/non-gmo plain yogurt and one crushed rennet tablet (I buy them in the gelatin section of the grocery store). It sits all night then is scooped out, rinsed and drained. I got the recipe from Mother Earth News website.
Sam I Am...... said…
Funny even though I have no idea who Turtleman is. LOL!
I am on a cleaning binge lately..about time. I'm off to recycling now....things are going out the door and NOT coming back....YAY!
I love your flowers and container...I would love to sit with you and have a glass of your ginger ale. Stay cool!
You cracked me up with this one! And please share that recipe!!! Sounds fantastic! Wishing you a lovely weekend lady! Nicole xo
I'll re-post that link to the recipe soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart