One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday Snow

Yes, we are getting more snow.  They are saying we may get another 4 1/2 inches.  The previous snow has almost melted, making a gushy mess in the yard.  I am almost wondering if I should stone the underside of my clotheslines for convenience year-round.  Then again I could just lay an extra piece of wood down to avoid stepping in the squishy mud.  It's all worth it.  With a large family, not using the dryer has cut down our electric bill tremendously.

Sunday's are a good day to curl up and watch Little House DVD's. . .



Or spend time crocheting Christmas gifts or hope chest blankets . . .


 
Or sipping tea, coffee, or hot chocolate . . .


Although the snow is now coming down, the chickens enjoying their time out of their coop.  As a result of the recent warmer weather, they have starting laying a few more eggs.



Even the house cats were all fired up last week.  While checking on my e-mail one morning, I kept hearing a crinkle sound.  I forgot about it, and when I stood up to leave my chair, I saw the culprit.  Tiger, my youngest daughter's cat, was carrying a skein of fuzzy yarn through the kitchen.  He looked like a wild tiger carrying his "catch of the day" and was very proud of it.  Jasper, another daughter's cat, took off with a chenille stem flower that my youngest made for me.  It has already been dunked into the water bowl this morning.

I think we'll enjoy a few board games today, a few good books, and a lot of good conversation. 

No comments: