Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday Snow

Yes, we are getting more snow.  They are saying we may get another 4 1/2 inches.  The previous snow has almost melted, making a gushy mess in the yard.  I am almost wondering if I should stone the underside of my clotheslines for convenience year-round.  Then again I could just lay an extra piece of wood down to avoid stepping in the squishy mud.  It's all worth it.  With a large family, not using the dryer has cut down our electric bill tremendously.

Sunday's are a good day to curl up and watch Little House DVD's. . .



Or spend time crocheting Christmas gifts or hope chest blankets . . .


 
Or sipping tea, coffee, or hot chocolate . . .


Although the snow is now coming down, the chickens enjoying their time out of their coop.  As a result of the recent warmer weather, they have starting laying a few more eggs.



Even the house cats were all fired up last week.  While checking on my e-mail one morning, I kept hearing a crinkle sound.  I forgot about it, and when I stood up to leave my chair, I saw the culprit.  Tiger, my youngest daughter's cat, was carrying a skein of fuzzy yarn through the kitchen.  He looked like a wild tiger carrying his "catch of the day" and was very proud of it.  Jasper, another daughter's cat, took off with a chenille stem flower that my youngest made for me.  It has already been dunked into the water bowl this morning.

I think we'll enjoy a few board games today, a few good books, and a lot of good conversation. 

No comments: