The rain brought us more bell peppers, and Anaheim peppers. I picked these in my pajamas. I wanted to use some for breakfast. More rain is in the forecast, with heavy downfalls predicted. Possibly rain for the next three days. Tomato plants are starting to die off, but we still have some tomatoes. It's iffy on how many tomatoes we'll still get or how long they will last thru this rainy weekend.
Goldenrod was harvested, and more calendula. What am I making? Goldenrod tincture, drying goldenrod for tea, drying calendula for infusing in oil, and drying some for tea or for making eye compresses. I also started a sage tincture.
Believe it or not, we finally made fresh salsa. We just got three more jalapenos from our plants. I will have to seek out an organic produce stand to freeze jalapenos this year, to make jalapeno salt, and to pickle jalapenos. There will be no cowboy candy canned this season. I used fresh Anaheim peppers for the salsa and it was delicious.
I had to run to the store one day, and could not resist buying some fresh flowers for the house. They are so cute, and sold in, what looks like, decorative canning jars. Perfect to spruce up our home, boost are moods, and improves are overall well being. Our zinnia (tall ones) are just now blooming in the flower beds.
The outdoor work has been successful as well as the canning. We got some larger items to the roadside for a local scrapper. In the process, we are him-hawing on possibilities with one patio.
The evening weather is starting to dip to a nice cool temperature (also a factor with tomatoes). Although I only booked us one camping trip, and I was really looking forward to it after all this canning going on, we had to cancel. The truck had to go in for repairs.
It can be frustrating when plans abruptly change on us, but I'm learning to have a back-up plan (or two). I'm still keeping our local library in business, and have an herbal book on order. There are always books that I have not read yet, and I'm hoping to get back to having some reading time again (I have been reading my daily devotionals). I honestly thought this year would be the end of this blog, but somehow, I get a post in here and there.
Rainy Days © September 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart
Comments