Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, August 4, 2022

Canning Day

 We had a heat advisory yesterday, and they were not kidding.  It was over 100 degrees and humid as heck.  




I finally got bread and butter pickles canned.  Daughter E stayed until about noon and left to go enjoy the county fair with her boyfriend.  She saw I was crocheting a new item for the holiday craft shows, and took two.  I'll get photos soon.  




We had a late evening storm that brought us a good downpour for a few minutes.  It was enough to give the garden a drink.

There is a chance of rain today and tonight.  My kitchen floor is filled with items to donate again.  I'll be loading that all up soon.



4 comments:

Latane Barton said...

Bread and butter pickles are my favorite! Yours look so good and I applaud you for tackling such a task on such a hot day. We've had a heat advisory (heat index over 100) for ages now. I am so ready for fall.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Latane, I was up early to can, but yes we are ready for cooler weather too.

Jackie said...

I did a couple of quarts of dills today. Hopefully more coming and I hope to get some bread and butter pickles done as well.

Hot here aw well, but hopefully not as warm/hot as you. Then we have end up having tornados and much rather not have those at this time.

God bless.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Jackie, hope you get your other pickles canned, and hopefully the heat will cool down soon for the both of us.