Skip to main content

Random Tidbits


About mid-morning yesterday, it snowed. Yes, that's right.  Snow.  Cold and snow.  




I found out yesterday, that due to the restrictions still forced upon us in our state, Ohio Bike Week 2021 has been canceled.  Two years in a row now.  They instead are holding a spring rally at the Harley dealer.  We are all so tired of the restrictions in our state.  Just so tired of it all.  It's really wearing us all down mentally.

Daughter K went to town to get a hair cut from her sister, so I joined along.  I pampered myself with a conditioning treatment - coconut and tea tree oil.

Getting out of the house is fun, but sick of the mask mandate.  My hometown extended their own mandate until late June.  

Speaking of mandates, our Gov. has said he doesn't plan to free us until end of April or in May.  It's getting ridiculous.  I also feel that the longer he locks us down, the more families are not getting together, and the lack of that is mentally and physically stressing (depressing) us out.

The girls are having problems with their face breaking out from the mask wearing.  I mixed up a carrier oil with tea tree oil and had them dab it on with a Q-tip (avoiding eye areas).  Works much better for them than anything sold in stores.

Okay, off my soapbox...

I got home in time to make a sheet pan dinner.  I did not expect to spend Easter weekend like this.  Sigh.  My husband is working today and it is a Holiday day, meaning he was to automatically have it off.  He is not.  He's working a 3rd 16 (double shift) day today.

I learned something new while watching a different cooking channel a few days back.  I can't wait to try it this summer.  If it works as they say, I'll be sharing it later this summer.  


Comments

Faith said…
Things are not consistant across any board anywhere in the US, let alone Ohio. We took a couple of days and drove south and stayed at a cabin last weekend. Everywhere we went there were more people w/o mask than with them. There are signs to social distance, and if you choose to wear a mask that's fine and if you don't then don't. He really cannot be serious about running again for Governor does he? Have a beautiful Easter with your family. It is a joke now, it's either bad or it isn't. On/off should be a personal choice.
Faith, in Florida, we didn't have to wear a mask at all. I can't believe he's running for Gov. again. There is a man running against him with the last name Blystone, and two others I think. Happy Easter to you too!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart