Skip to main content

Day Out

Daughter K and I made another trip to a small town to finish up our Easter Baskets.  


I bought myself a few treats of a different kind . . .



I honestly had no plans to buy anything, but decided to treat myself.  I bought a motorcycle garden stone for the flower bed, and a few pairs of new socks - camping and wine bottles/glasses.  I am now officially on their frequent buyer system.  After so many dollars spent, you get $5 off your next visit, and the points to not expire.  They are locally operated, and have lots of neat items for gift giving.

Oddly, the antique stores were all closed, so we ventured onto another larger city.  I, for some reason, thought they had a JoAnn's Fabric, but did not.  They had Michael's and Hobby Lobby.  We ventured into Michael's.  I haven't been to one in a long, long time.

The prices on items were so high, I did not know they didn't sell fabric, and their yarn section was small and over priced.  They also reduced their coupon to 20% off.  I didn't buy anything.

I had plans to make a nice dinner, but Daughter K left to visit her boyfriend, Daughter E wasn't home, and my poor husband was forced to work 2nd shift.  He is so worn out.

I am so glad I had leftovers and baked a breakfast.  I got up and brewed him coffee, packed his lunch and got him off to work again this morning.  He is so, so tired.  

We are in a cold spell right now.  It's 29°F this morning and it'll be cold tomorrow.  I'm so glad I didn't put up a rain barrel.  It would crack in these temperatures.

Comments

Rain said…
Your husband works such long hours Kristina...I hope he gets a break soon. I love the socks!
Thank you Rain. Hopefully, the long hours go back to normal hours very soon. It's definitely hard on him.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart