Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Tuesday Tidbits

Our hired help showed up.  Car is running good, but we need to buy a new radiator hose, some anti-freeze, and put one headlight back in.  Then we pull the truck in and replace brakes on that next.

Got the house work started yesterday until the sweeper stopped working.  One daughter and I got it back to working.  I can't wait to get rid of the carpet and replace flooring in this house.  One thing at a time.

The Mexican Crockpot casserole was a hit.  It's online with Well plated by Erin.  I used home grown tomatoes (I have frozen jalapenos to make those "fired up" too) that I froze (and thawed), and made homemade enchilada sauce (no sugar like store bought has), and only added some hand shredded sharp cheddar cheese upon serving it.  So delicious and it has quinoa in it.

Breakfast was a hit too.  I've made many breakfast dishes with broccoli, but changed it up a bit by adding zucchini.  Broccoli is a power house of goodness, and a great way to start the day healthy.

I ordered an item from Annie's Crafts back in November for the girls for Christmas.  I just thought they would enjoy something fun.  Well, the items never arrived.  I sent an email.  No email back.  I'll be calling today and asking questions or getting a refund.

It's pretty cold here this week, but the wood stove was still going when I got up. So thankful for that.  Today will be a much easier day with all the housework done yesterday.  

Speaking of yesterday, I let the chickens out for a bit and moved some things to one of the barns.  Thankfully I was outside too.  I literally walked out of the barn, and saw two hawks flying directly towards the chicken coop.  I put my ladies back inside.

I will finish up my latest crochet project and get that posted tomorrow.  

4 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Glad you saw the hawks in time and that your little ladies are safe. Good news on the car repairs.

Cockeyed Jo said...

Things on a whole are more upbeat than downers and it sounds Good for you. Just a teeny warning. It is to go back and forth with your emotions right now. Try and keep busy as much as you can.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks mamasmercantile

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Cockeyed Jo, I am trying to stay busy for sure. With the passing of Dad, those emotions are playing on me from time to time too.