Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, December 14, 2020

Happy Homemaker Monday

 

Recipe I want to try (without the whipped cream)

Recipe I tried.  It's a keeper - peanut butter whiskey balls.  It has peanut butter in them, but more of the peanut butter whiskey.  Delicious! (recipe from Allrecipes)


Bought myself some fun mini cutters for Christmas pies.  I already had the star, but look at all that fun!  I could even cut cheese slices for a festive cheese/cracker snack too.

Am I the last to know this?  Hummus on a hard boiled egg? Yum!  Breakfast, lunch, side dish or snack. 

The intake is in, but more work needs done before our daughter can drive it.  Our friend is coming back over today to finish up on it.  Hopefully, it'll be ready for daughter to drive after that.

We got wood cut and split Sunday morning.  In the afternoon we met up with my younger brother at my Dad's place.  We made a plan to bring the truck over next weekend and help remove lots of furniture.  Oh my.  My Dad saved everything.  When I say everything, I mean everything.  

I didn't have time to get photos of my current crochet project, but hopefully I'll get a post up soon.




Today I'm joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.


The weather outside is . . .
37°F/21°F

On the breakfast plate this morning . . .
Broccoli/zucchini egg bake, and coffee and orange juice.

As I look outside my window . . .
Dark, dreary, windy

As I look around the house . . . 
My living room needs cleaned up big time.  The dogs keep knocking couch pillows to the floor.


What I am wearing today . . . 
Cozy gray sweater, jeans, Christmas socks and black slippers


To do today or to do this week  . . .
-bake a breakfast
-dishes
-laundry
-clean living room
-floors

The week:
-move furniture out of Dad's place
-cut/split more wood


Currently reading . . .
Nothing right now.

On the TV . . .
Home for Christmas on Netflix



On the menu . . .
-Chicken mushroom stew
-meatloaf, smashed sweet potatoes, green beans
-taco salad
-broccoli/zucchini breakfast bake


Something fun to share . . .

Considering making this for Christmas dinner (not breakfast).  We tried mimosas at breakfast one year and it just made us tired, ha ha!


Favorite photo from the camera . . .
Sadly, nothing.  Just been pretty busy with work stuff.

Here is the latest ornament I've made in case you missed my post.

Prayers, Inspirational quotes, devotionals . . .
For this virus and mandates and restrictions to go away.


8 comments:

Cockeyed Jo said...

All my fancy cooking and baking things went to my chef daughter that I didn't bring with me. for me a simple small knife works though not as easily.

My alcoholic drinking days are long since gone (35 years now). But I do make virgin equivalent of them and alcoholic version for Mel I just lose control with the leaded version. By the time I quit, I was drinking 2-5ths a day.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Cockeyed Jo, not sure about a non-alcoholic version. I wonder if a peanut butter flavored non-alcoholic beer would work?

mamasmercantile said...

I love the turkey ornament, such fun. The egg bake looks delicious, what a great breakfast.

Jean said...

Cute ornament! Those recipes sound good. Hope you have a great week.

Luludou said...

I like the ornament!
I'm not a fan of mimosas or anything very strong or sugary either, but the punch looks nice.
Chicken mushroom stew ... yum!
Good luck with emptying your father's place. My mom keeps everything too, tried to help her get rid of things but she's always saying it might be useful. Only way to get things out is to say we'd like them, then she gives them away happily.

Have a great week

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Luludou. Dad took things like old brooms and mops and kept the handles for some reason. Just stuff like that. His parents lived through the depression, so he kept so much stuff.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

mamasmercantile, the breakfast was delicious.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Jean