Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, December 13, 2020

Weekend Work

The car saga continues.  When one biker friend never responded to our plea for assistance (paid assistance), we hired another.  He didn't show up until 3pm.  

The car is still not completely repaired.  We both feel he won't return today either.  So....we plan to hit the wood splitter early this morning, then start on the car ourselves (yes, I said I'd help).

I have a to-do list a mile long too, but those two need checked off first.  However, I got crochet time and kitchen time in yesterday.

I hope to have photos to share of both tomorrow.  While the men worked on the car, Tiger curled up with me while I crocheted and got some cooking channel time in (PBS/Create).

Hubby has started to feel much better since I started to cut out potatoes again (and rice and whatnot).  We made omelets for breakfast without the potatoes and they were still good.  I'm working on new ways to create breakfast that will eliminate the stuff he shouldn't be eating (and I have been terrible at doing that).

8 comments:

Tracy dixon said...

I am so glad we have a reliable mechanic in our hometown. My husband does a few minor things on our vehicles but something's he is not gonna attempt. We can call our mechanic anytime and he squeezes us in. He even lets us buy our own parts and bring to him. We can order our parts online and ship them to us or the shop. It saves us alot of money. The stress is taken off us because we dont have to stop what were doing and repair stuff ourselves. When they get it done, they call and we come pick it up. We take all of our vehicles to them. They are very reliable and if they cannot fix it, they will tell us
I wish yall could find someone like that. Hope all is resolved soon.

Carol said...

Is your husband diabetic? Mine is and I am fully aware of potatoes, rice, etc. causing issues. I have found that my husband loves riced cauliflower, mashed cauliflower, and many other starch substitutes.

Cockeyed Jo said...

Oh boy! A good mechanic is very hard to find these days. So sad that you've got to deal with this too.

mamasmercantile said...

Glad hubby is beginning to feel a little better. Hope all goes well with the car.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Tracy, the last intake we sent the car off to our other mechanic and it cost us $750. This time $300 with him coming to the house.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Carol, yes he is. I've been bad at recipes lately. I'm back at watching it more closely.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Cockeyed Jo

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks mamasmercantile