Skip to main content

Clean Coop ~ Car

Friday I had one thing I wanted to accomplish, even if it was the only thing I got done - clean the coop.  Oh boy.  It was not easy.  I do believe with all we have to deal with, we will all be on board to building an appropriate coop.

Considering I have to hunch over to get into the coop, it took some maneuvering and several tools to get the job done.  I can't just pull my wheel barrow to the door either.  I have a fence with a temporary gate, and it's not wide enough.  Oh, and my straw is out in one of the barns, so that had to be loaded up and taken to the coop.  Two trips.  Job done.  I only hit my head 3 times ha ha!

Today we have to pull Youngest's car into the garage.  Praying it gets fixed and up and running.  The rain is already here.

 

Comments

Debby Flowers said…
Maybe that coop will make a nice doghouse some day! My coop is not designed for easy cleaning either but at least we don't have to stoop over!! Bet you are sore today. Hang in there Kristina!
Rain said…
Only three jolts to the noggin? Lucky you! :) ;) I'm sure cleaning the coop was a big job!
Faith said…
Peanut butter blossoms on tap for today,it's blustery.
mamasmercantile said…
We have had to move our coop as the area it was in was waterlogged, it was like a quagmire and not a good place. We are thankful we have good neighbours who gave us a hand. I appreciated your thoughts on the vaccine it gave me something to think about.
Rain it was. It's hard to get up inside, and my compost is out by the barn, as well as where my straw is. Chickens are happy now.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart