Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, December 12, 2020

Clean Coop ~ Car

Friday I had one thing I wanted to accomplish, even if it was the only thing I got done - clean the coop.  Oh boy.  It was not easy.  I do believe with all we have to deal with, we will all be on board to building an appropriate coop.

Considering I have to hunch over to get into the coop, it took some maneuvering and several tools to get the job done.  I can't just pull my wheel barrow to the door either.  I have a fence with a temporary gate, and it's not wide enough.  Oh, and my straw is out in one of the barns, so that had to be loaded up and taken to the coop.  Two trips.  Job done.  I only hit my head 3 times ha ha!

Today we have to pull Youngest's car into the garage.  Praying it gets fixed and up and running.  The rain is already here.

 

7 comments:

Debby Flowers said...

Maybe that coop will make a nice doghouse some day! My coop is not designed for easy cleaning either but at least we don't have to stoop over!! Bet you are sore today. Hang in there Kristina!

Rain said...

Only three jolts to the noggin? Lucky you! :) ;) I'm sure cleaning the coop was a big job!

Faith said...

Peanut butter blossoms on tap for today,it's blustery.

mamasmercantile said...

We have had to move our coop as the area it was in was waterlogged, it was like a quagmire and not a good place. We are thankful we have good neighbours who gave us a hand. I appreciated your thoughts on the vaccine it gave me something to think about.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Debby, great idea!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Rain it was. It's hard to get up inside, and my compost is out by the barn, as well as where my straw is. Chickens are happy now.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks mamasmercantile.