Skip to main content

Just the Bits

We had a very nice day yesterday.  The temperature went up to 70°F.  We were swamped with a wet ground, but we cleaned up the front porch. My husband even got some mowing done too, and we grilled out for dinner (although our propane is now out for the grill).






I baked flourless brownies and made whiskey butterscotch sauce for a rare treat.




I also froze a bit more zucchini.






I dehydrated a small amount of mushrooms too.





Laundry went out on the line.





I am finishing up on cross bookmarks.  I am putting the tassles on next.

Comments

Faith said…
It was pretty yesterday, this morning is more typical I suppose. My little seedlings are getting leggy, not enough sun. Your crosses are pretty. I tried to move the hook, and things are just so out of whack.
Faith, we had pouring down rain a bit ago with lots of wind, and now the sun is out and a teensy warmer with no wind. Typical weather for our state for sure. I did not crochet at all yesterday. I'm out of whack too right now.
RB said…
I'm going to have to try your flourless brownies because I'm gluten intolerant.
Been trying to catch up around here too, but can't seem to beat brother to the washer and dryer. Then he's working 2 jobs and needs clean sanitized clothing for both. I can just wear rags around the house if I have to, so no complaining here.
I pray everyone has a safe blessed weekend, remembering the reason for Easter and using the common sense God gave us all to worship with our present family members and stay away from crowds, in Christ Jesus name. AMEN!!!
God bless.
RB
<><
mamasmercantile said…
Rain and wind are the issue here too, so not a lot getting done outside. Love those crosses.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart