Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Sunday, January 27, 2019

A Bit of Deep Cleaning ~ Flourless Brownies and Homemade Whiskey Butterscotch Sauce

Unexpectedly, I deep cleaned under my kitchen sink.  We have had issues with the faucet since the last freeze, and I had to empty the cupboard for Hubby to get under there.  Oh man, did I find some odd items.  Most of my house was deep cleaned over the holidays, but not this cupboard.  That's done now.  I'm just praying we fix the sink issue prior to Tuesday.  We are going to be having the worst freeze this winter from Tuesday to Friday.


Although not the best photo, I whipped up a dozen flourless brownies (from Family Circle - Flourless Brownie Sundaes online).  I don't make these to avoid flour, they just taste wonderful with....


A glob of ice cream and drizzled with homemade whiskey butterscotch sauce.

10 comments:

WILLIE...! =(^..^)= said...

LARGE Jack Daniels on the rocks please..
With just a splash of coke...Thankyou! :).
Cheers! :o).
HeHe! You can keep the Brownies..!

Mama Pea said...

What wouldn't taste wonderful with a glob of ice cream and your homemade whiskey butterscotch sauce? ;o}

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Willie, when I bake/cook with whiskey there is always one for me, ha ha!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Mama Pea, that's exactly what we did. Yummo!

Pink Rose said...

Hi Kristina oh your brownies look so yummy ,lol love the ingredients no wonder you love them,lol xx

mamasmercantile said...

The sauce and some ice cream would be perfect for me. Hope all goes well with the freeze coming and you don't have an issue with frozen pipes.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Sheryl, they are very good.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks mamasmercantile.

RB said...

I'm going to have to try your flourless brownies because I'm gluten intolerant.
Been trying to catch up around here too, but can't seem to beat brother to the washer and dryer. Then he's working 2 jobs and needs clean sanitized clothing for both. I can just wear rags around the house if I have to, so no complaining here.
I pray everyone has a safe blessed weekend, remembering the reason for Easter and using the common sense God gave us all to worship with our present family members and stay away from crowds, in Christ Jesus name. AMEN!!!
God bless.
RB
<><

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

RB, the brownies are amazing!