Skip to main content

A Bit of Deep Cleaning ~ Flourless Brownies and Homemade Whiskey Butterscotch Sauce

Unexpectedly, I deep cleaned under my kitchen sink.  We have had issues with the faucet since the last freeze, and I had to empty the cupboard for Hubby to get under there.  Oh man, did I find some odd items.  Most of my house was deep cleaned over the holidays, but not this cupboard.  That's done now.  I'm just praying we fix the sink issue prior to Tuesday.  We are going to be having the worst freeze this winter from Tuesday to Friday.


Although not the best photo, I whipped up a dozen flourless brownies (from Family Circle - Flourless Brownie Sundaes online).  I don't make these to avoid flour, they just taste wonderful with....


A glob of ice cream and drizzled with homemade whiskey butterscotch sauce.

Comments

LARGE Jack Daniels on the rocks please..
With just a splash of coke...Thankyou! :).
Cheers! :o).
HeHe! You can keep the Brownies..!
Mama Pea said…
What wouldn't taste wonderful with a glob of ice cream and your homemade whiskey butterscotch sauce? ;o}
Willie, when I bake/cook with whiskey there is always one for me, ha ha!
Mama Pea, that's exactly what we did. Yummo!
Pink Rose said…
Hi Kristina oh your brownies look so yummy ,lol love the ingredients no wonder you love them,lol xx
mamasmercantile said…
The sauce and some ice cream would be perfect for me. Hope all goes well with the freeze coming and you don't have an issue with frozen pipes.
Thanks Sheryl, they are very good.
RB said…
I'm going to have to try your flourless brownies because I'm gluten intolerant.
Been trying to catch up around here too, but can't seem to beat brother to the washer and dryer. Then he's working 2 jobs and needs clean sanitized clothing for both. I can just wear rags around the house if I have to, so no complaining here.
I pray everyone has a safe blessed weekend, remembering the reason for Easter and using the common sense God gave us all to worship with our present family members and stay away from crowds, in Christ Jesus name. AMEN!!!
God bless.
RB
<><
RB, the brownies are amazing!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart