Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, January 10, 2020

Meal Prep ~ Weather ~ More Cleaning and Crocheting (and crafting)

Sort of a boring post, but not much else to talk about in winter time.  Hope you enjoy.

Meal prepping from the freezer and pantry has been a complete success, not to mention sort of fun.  It's been a fun challenge for sure.


When I made the banana bread the other day, I swapped out the oil for home canned applesauce.  I also used walnuts from the freezer (grown locally).


Tonight's meal is soup beans, using a ham bone from the freezer.  I'm pulling some sour cream from the freezer too.  Adding some to homemade buttermilk (using homemade buttermilk) corn bread makes a very moist bread.

I also pulled organic ground pork to make homemade sausage.  I'll be back to let you know what I use it for as well.



(Tiger keeping warm under the bed quilt)

Well, the weather man wasn't wrong.  We went from freezing cold temps to a boat load of rainfall.  

Clean/purge/re-organize updates:

Garage:  5% done (looks like a losing game of Jumanji)
Utility Room:  1% (starting)
Bedroom/Closet:  85% done
Master bath:  99% done

New project:

I'm not in a hurry with it.  It's like the poem about giving a Mom a muffin - I found the clothespins in a box in my utility room while attempting to start purging/cleaning in there.





11 comments:

Carol said...

Your purging is going well. I have done some myself in the kitchen. I truly have straightened the one cabinet that was the worst, now onto the under the sink mess. I hope to do it on Saturday or Sunday and hope to find some extra way to organize the mess. It is mostly Tupperware containers, lids, etc.

Sam I Am...... said...

Som any of us are cleaning and purging! I love hearing about the 'day to day'....it's not boring to me! I need to try using applesauce in my baking instead of oil. I am finishing up my master bath and then moving to closet next week then the bedroom. I have so much of Jim's things stuffed in my closet but I am ready to clear it out now. I couldn't do it at first. We have storms coming this weekend so I will be busy inside....plenty to do inside and out around here! HAve a great day and a nice weekend!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Carol, it's been going great so far.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sam I Am, it's raining here this weekend, and a flood watch too. We'll be indoors as well.

Sandra said...

I often think my days are boring, but they're actually normal homemaking days. I happen to like seeing how others are spending their days, so I always enjoy your posts :)

We are expecting some snow overnight, a bit of a strange thing indeed lol

Lady Locust said...

Oh I think your purging is going great! The fun thing about the bathroom is it's easy to keep it purged. I need to keep working on our garage, but it's cold out there.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Sandra

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Same here Lady Locust. It's a perfect time to clean the garage, but cold.

Faith said...

And don't you feel light, when all is neat and tidy again. We accumulate so much junk and otherwise. Kristina, I have a question about how you work your pay pal for your your craft business. I see that you take paypal, but see no button. Email me at a Rosebyandbydesign@yahoo.com. Thank you appreciate it.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Faith, I don't do enough sales to put the button on my blog, but I will email you. I have it set up with an email.

Faith said...

ok thank you...I look forward to it.