Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Tuesday Tidbits





It was 11am before I was done putting chili in the crocky yesterday, and making breakfast egg muffins (bacon/bell pepper/jalapeno/spinach).  Everything takes time - chopping, baking the bacon, cooking the ground beef, peeling the garlic....blah.  It was a long day in the kitchen.  By the way, when I have to make homemade buttermilk, my cornbread is a tad dry.  I added a small bit of sour cream, and the bread was deliciously moist.

Woke up to more snow.  No surprise there.  School is delayed though.  

Chicken coop is fine, but still no eggs.  Darn it.  I know they'll start laying again though.

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a cast iron tea kettle made in the USA?  I checked Lodge cast iron and didn't see one, and everything on Amazon is from China.



10 comments:

Carol said...

Those breakfast bites look amazing. I don't like jalapenos, but I think they still look good. I was in the kitchen most of the day yesterday and my back hurt so bad last night for some reason.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Carol, thanks. If I'm in the kitchen all day, my back hurts too.

Sam I Am...... said...

Yes.lonmg days in the kitchen to have it all eaten up in no time! LOL! You might want to Google American made cast iron teapot.

Rain said...

It seems everything is from China doesn't it?? Oh your muffins look so delicious!

Goatldi said...

Try ebay got this beauty off it. A Wagner and it is old and the fob a killer . In excellent condition
Email me for photo. Good luck!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Sam I Am

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thank you Rain

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Goatldi, thanks I will take a look on ebay

Cockeyed Jo said...

Kristina, my favorite go-to for hard to find items is auctions and second hand "thrift" stores. They may be a little rusted, but with a little bit of elbow grease it'll be beautiful once again.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Cockeyed Jo, I have plans to do some antique store and thrift store shopping after the holidays are over.