Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, December 5, 2019

Christmas Ornaments Past

I love making Christmas tree ornaments.  I'm so ready to make something new for next year.  I made many policemen ornaments back in 2011 for a police station tree and for one of my brother's trees.


I made these one year too. I have so many that I made, golly. This year, our tree will be ornament-less (puppy proofed).  It'll be lights only, but pretty as well.


I had so much creativity and motivation back then.  I even made these.  I think I will check more books out of the library to get more ideas for next year.


I made these with all sorts of decorated "cookies" for an entire elementary class.  I used to make a homemade ornament for each student in my kids class for the Christmas school party.  I sure miss those days.  Hopefully, when my grand kids are older I can help with their class party (if they still have them by then).


I made these from toilet paper rolls, and gifted them to my family for Christmas.


I made these and gifted them one year also.  I still have some apples and skewers to make them again.


These were fun to make as well, and were also gifted.  Instructions are on my S.C.R.A.P. blogspot.


I made these for an entire elementary class as well.  Made from brown paper bags.  I should put a tutorial up for this one as well, on my other blog.


I made these one year too - from recycled medicine cups.  The instructions are also on my S.C.R.A.P. blogspot.

I got to the point where my family told me they had "enough" ornaments so I quit making them.  I am motivated to work on something new for next year after looking through all my old photos.  I made so many of them.

6 comments:

Sam I Am...... said...

You DID make a lot of ornaments! You had your Santa's Workshop going!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sam I Am, I probably have about 100 different handmade ones by now.

Cockeyed Jo said...

Kristina,
So what are you making this year?

Henny Penny said...

Can't believe you made soooo many ornaments...and all of them are so cute! Doesn't it blow your mind to look back and wonder where you found the time to do so much? I got more done back when I worked and was gone from home 12 hours a day. :)

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Cockeyed Jo, I'll let you know soon

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Henny Penny