Skip to main content

Christmas Ornaments Past

I love making Christmas tree ornaments.  I'm so ready to make something new for next year.  I made many policemen ornaments back in 2011 for a police station tree and for one of my brother's trees.


I made these one year too. I have so many that I made, golly. This year, our tree will be ornament-less (puppy proofed).  It'll be lights only, but pretty as well.


I had so much creativity and motivation back then.  I even made these.  I think I will check more books out of the library to get more ideas for next year.


I made these with all sorts of decorated "cookies" for an entire elementary class.  I used to make a homemade ornament for each student in my kids class for the Christmas school party.  I sure miss those days.  Hopefully, when my grand kids are older I can help with their class party (if they still have them by then).


I made these from toilet paper rolls, and gifted them to my family for Christmas.


I made these and gifted them one year also.  I still have some apples and skewers to make them again.


These were fun to make as well, and were also gifted.  Instructions are on my S.C.R.A.P. blogspot.


I made these for an entire elementary class as well.  Made from brown paper bags.  I should put a tutorial up for this one as well, on my other blog.


I made these one year too - from recycled medicine cups.  The instructions are also on my S.C.R.A.P. blogspot.

I got to the point where my family told me they had "enough" ornaments so I quit making them.  I am motivated to work on something new for next year after looking through all my old photos.  I made so many of them.

Comments

Sam I Am...... said…
You DID make a lot of ornaments! You had your Santa's Workshop going!
Sam I Am, I probably have about 100 different handmade ones by now.
Cockeyed Jo said…
Kristina,
So what are you making this year?
Henny Penny said…
Can't believe you made soooo many ornaments...and all of them are so cute! Doesn't it blow your mind to look back and wonder where you found the time to do so much? I got more done back when I worked and was gone from home 12 hours a day. :)
Cockeyed Jo, I'll let you know soon

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart