Skip to main content

Exercise ~ Water Glassing Eggs ~ Lilacs

I'm feeling much better, and back to my 60 minute walks.  I am picking up the pace some days, so I can get somewhere between 3 and 3 1/2 miles in now.  That's not all, I still lift weights, do 1/2 push-ups (getting back on track), and of course my yoga stretches.  It takes time in my morning, but like Hubby said, it's worth it.   

I just have to get up earlier, and in hopes to return to the 4:30am gym visits.  I finally put my new speed bag up, so it's time to start moving stuff out of the garage and purging in there too.  And this is all before I do my chores. And the weight loss number has not changed (frustrated, but I may be building muscle now).




Rain was not arriving until evening on Friday, so I headed outside to work there. I picked up tree debris racking up over 16,000 steps on my fitbit (by 7pm).
  

I just learned how to water glass eggs - a way to preserve them.  I am so thankful a friend shared this with me.  If you google it on YouTube, you should find it.   Simply water, hydrated lime, and clean (not washed) farm fresh eggs.  It's good to have options if needed.

The weather is colder now, so brought in some lilac cuttings to enjoy.  Oh my, they are wonderful!  You can see the very tall grass that needs cut, and the evergreen trees that need trimmed.  Oh my.  Anyway, my house smells wonderful. Not sure if the remaining blooms will survive the weather.  More rain is coming.

A blury photo, but look how beautiful that blue canning jar looks with yogurt in it.  I am making sure I get my yogurt daily, while on these meds. 



Comments

Rain said…
I love the blue Mason jar! :) I surprised myself a while back when I wore a pedometer and saw that in one day, just puttering around the house, all I managed was 700 steps...that is crazy-sedentary...When I saw that I realized how bad it was, I added 45 minutes of the rebounder each morning. That with the 45 minute dog walk brought me up to 10,000. I try to hit that number daily. 16k is great! My record is 27k when I did a 7 hour mountain hike, and I could barely walk for a week after that, but usually it's about 10k! :)
Mama Pea said…
Wow, walking 3 or 3-1/2 miles in 60 minutes is a really good rate! When I was running it took me 30 minutes to do 3 miles. You must be a f-a-s-t walker!
Sam I Am...... said…
Good for you, Katrina! I had to give up my yogurt and most dairy for cholesterol so now I drink the Kombucha to get the probitotics and electrolytes. I wish I could get a fitbit as the cheap ones don't last but it's a 'bit' pricy....get it....'bit...fitbit....so bad! Sorry about that but I couldn't resist some corny humor. I wish I had lilacs...I miss them!
Rain, the year we put mulch in all the flower beds, I had over 20,000 steps. Best day ever.
Mama Pea, I do something different when I work out. I watch the clock, and speed up each 5 minutes to a point where I then slow down each 5 minutes, and it takes my mine off of how long it will take me. Hence the 3-3 1/2 miles. Saturday I got 3.44 miles. Felt great too.
Sam I Am, my fitbit is paid for by Hubby's work. It's part of a wellness program tied to the insurance cost we have for medical insurance. We have to (both) earn points to keep our insurance cost, and to get the points, the fitbit is one of the ways.
RB said…
We grew up in a very old farm house with ancient lavender-colored lilac bushes in its side yard. They smelled wonderful when in full bloom. They don't grow well down south here. I miss them.
Suppose to be storms here tomorrow evening, but we'll have to see. Storms may come this way from the western or central US, but the NC mountains usually break them up before they get very far into NC, unless, of course, they come through Atlanta which is south of the bottom of the mountains that is.
Prayers everyone has a great week, and a safe one too.
God bless.
RB
<><
Thank you RB, prayers for a safe and great week for you too.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart