Skip to main content

Homemade Liquid Hand Soap

I was looking around my master bathroom, and noticed that my hand towel, soap saver, and hand towel holder, are all homemade.


 The rugs are homemade (old sheets crocheted).


The bar of soap is handmade using goat's milk, the hand lotions are homemade, and the "Vaseline" is homemade.


And then there is this - liquid store bought hand soap.  I just didn't fit into my all homemade supplies. The kids swear to me that I used to make the hand (liquid) soap, but our reused plastic pumps gave out sooner than we wanted.





I guess I just gave in, and bought the soap, but I recently found "foaming soap pump dispensers."  These are plastic, so they will have to last long enough for me to buy stainless steel pumps.



I had castille soap, so I made a recipe from Wellness Mama (online).  It's very economical, much safer for us and the environment, safer on our septic, and I can put in any essential oil for fragrance (if desired).   Just remember this "foaming" recipe will only work in a "foaming soap dispenser."



Now that looks better (and I feel better).





I'm continuing to research more organic body care recipes, and this book is one I borrowed from the library.  I may have to put it on my wish list. 

It's much colder today than yesterday.  We didn't get the rain they said we might, but everything that melted is now frozen again.

 Yesterday it was so warm out, that I tried my herbal infusion tea cold.   It tasted like unsweetened iced tea.  Not bitter at all.

Today I am back to cleaning.  There is always something that needs dusted anyway.

Comments

Sandra said…
I wanted to try making some liquid soap!
Love your homemade bathroom supplies :)
Sandra it's super easy to make and saves lots of money. Hubby helped me make two towel holders for our bathroom, using old barn wood and antique pastry blenders. We love them. Thanks for the compliment.
Liz said…
I think it is wonderful that you can show how many things are handmade or homemade in your house! And you always share the best "recipes"!
Thanks Liz, I do enjoy trying new recipes, so when I find a good one, I like to share it. I really do like this soap recipe.
EMMA said…
hehe i didn't even know there was a difference between foaming dispensers and non-foaming ones!!!
I have seen castile soap in lots of different recipes, I wonder if it is the same as our 'savon de marseille'?
Emma, I don't know if it's the same as yours, but I love the soap recipe. There must be a mechanism in the dispenser that foams the soap.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart