Skip to main content

From the Handiwork Journal . . .



. . . crocheted a few washcloths, with yarn I had in my stash.  These are made with a 2-ply, 100% cotton yarn.  At the time I purchased the yarn, yellow and white where the only two colors in 2-ply.  It makes a thinner cloth and dries faster. I simply used single crochet for these.

(I really like the 2-ply for a hand towel, versus the 4 ply cotton.  I will be making more until my  yarn is used up)





. . .  put another dishcloth on the knitting needles to use up some yarn I had.  I'm just using up what's in my "stash."




. . . crocheted a kitchen flower scrubbie to add to Oldest Daughter's birthday gift (these are made with store bought scrubbies, and I crochet around them.  Free Pattern:  Scrubby Posey (Yarnspirations)







. . .still puttering away with the baby blanket - 96 yellow flowers finished, and currently crocheting the pink flowers.





. . . finished the heart/stamp Christmas tree ornament.





. . . cut, rolled and pinned more netting. The bottom of the box if filled with red netting.  As crazy as I am, I want to get one more color added to this box.  Maybe. Maybe not. I still have more purple to cut yet. 



. . . glued together a few remaining vintage metal coffee pot filters, and gave them a new life (visit S.C.R.A.P. Blogspot to see those).






. . .embroidered three kitchen towels for Oldest Daughter.  You can't find "Army" embroidery patterns, so I created my own.  I told you they'd be different.  I used washable ink and traced free printable coloring pages to make these. 





. . . and what's a birthday without a handmade birthday card?  I made this with scrap fabric. 



 . . . crocheted tassels for the last three laminated bookmarks.  The other two were blocked yesterday, and the tulip one is now in my current book.  A few years ago I found printable bookmarks, and had the cardstock laminated at our library.  I cut them out, punched a hole in the top, and added the crocheted part to them.

Comments

Mama Pea said…
You have creativeness pouring out of your pores! So many ideas, so much talent. And, yes, your daughter's embroidered dish towels are definitely different. That's what I call personalized!
Thanks Mama Pea. She loves her towels, ha ha!
Liz said…
I love seeing all of your handi-work! You sure keep busy!
Thanks Liz, I get a lot more done in winter than summer.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart