Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

From the Handiwork Journal . . .



. . . crocheted a few washcloths, with yarn I had in my stash.  These are made with a 2-ply, 100% cotton yarn.  At the time I purchased the yarn, yellow and white where the only two colors in 2-ply.  It makes a thinner cloth and dries faster. I simply used single crochet for these.

(I really like the 2-ply for a hand towel, versus the 4 ply cotton.  I will be making more until my  yarn is used up)





. . .  put another dishcloth on the knitting needles to use up some yarn I had.  I'm just using up what's in my "stash."




. . . crocheted a kitchen flower scrubbie to add to Oldest Daughter's birthday gift (these are made with store bought scrubbies, and I crochet around them.  Free Pattern:  Scrubby Posey (Yarnspirations)







. . .still puttering away with the baby blanket - 96 yellow flowers finished, and currently crocheting the pink flowers.





. . . finished the heart/stamp Christmas tree ornament.





. . . cut, rolled and pinned more netting. The bottom of the box if filled with red netting.  As crazy as I am, I want to get one more color added to this box.  Maybe. Maybe not. I still have more purple to cut yet. 



. . . glued together a few remaining vintage metal coffee pot filters, and gave them a new life (visit S.C.R.A.P. Blogspot to see those).






. . .embroidered three kitchen towels for Oldest Daughter.  You can't find "Army" embroidery patterns, so I created my own.  I told you they'd be different.  I used washable ink and traced free printable coloring pages to make these. 





. . . and what's a birthday without a handmade birthday card?  I made this with scrap fabric. 



 . . . crocheted tassels for the last three laminated bookmarks.  The other two were blocked yesterday, and the tulip one is now in my current book.  A few years ago I found printable bookmarks, and had the cardstock laminated at our library.  I cut them out, punched a hole in the top, and added the crocheted part to them.

4 comments:

Mama Pea said...

You have creativeness pouring out of your pores! So many ideas, so much talent. And, yes, your daughter's embroidered dish towels are definitely different. That's what I call personalized!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Mama Pea. She loves her towels, ha ha!

Liz said...

I love seeing all of your handi-work! You sure keep busy!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks Liz, I get a lot more done in winter than summer.