Skip to main content

Our Non-GMO mission ~ Potato Chips


You get two blog posts today.  I bought some of these for the kids to take to their "spring fling" at school today.  They wanted chips in their "picnic" lunches and I was not going to buy the nasty stuff.

Kettle brand chips are non-gmo chips.  Most of their flavors anyway.  Be sure to check the label, because I noticed some do to not have the non-gmo label, and are in the organic section at our one store.  The kids like the Maple-Bacon ones.


Here's my update on these chips.  We noticed they are very oily.  You can't eat them out of the bag in other words.  Hubby noticed that every time he put his hand into the bag, it came out covered in oil.  If you like chips, be sure to pour these into a bowl to snack on.

We don't eat chips that often, but when we get the hankering for them, or for a cookout, we now buy the non-gmo brands (but in moderation).

Also, there is a brand called "Kind" that makes non-gmo granola bars too.  When I can't get them made homemade, the kids prefer the peanut butter ones.

Comments

Kelly said…
I've seen that brand at the store. I need to see if they are non gmo. We are chipaholics around here and I hate it!!!!
Liz said…
This is my hubbys favorite chip. I havent seen the Maple-Bacon flavored ones.
EMMA said…
Maple-bacon!! that sounds like an amazing flavor. The french aren't very big on chips, they do have them here but they are generally 'plain' flavor. Although I have noticed that the supermarket is stocking more and more kinds of 'Pringles'(at shocking high prices!)

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart