Skip to main content

Our Non-GMO mission ~ Potato Chips


You get two blog posts today.  I bought some of these for the kids to take to their "spring fling" at school today.  They wanted chips in their "picnic" lunches and I was not going to buy the nasty stuff.

Kettle brand chips are non-gmo chips.  Most of their flavors anyway.  Be sure to check the label, because I noticed some do to not have the non-gmo label, and are in the organic section at our one store.  The kids like the Maple-Bacon ones.


Here's my update on these chips.  We noticed they are very oily.  You can't eat them out of the bag in other words.  Hubby noticed that every time he put his hand into the bag, it came out covered in oil.  If you like chips, be sure to pour these into a bowl to snack on.

We don't eat chips that often, but when we get the hankering for them, or for a cookout, we now buy the non-gmo brands (but in moderation).

Also, there is a brand called "Kind" that makes non-gmo granola bars too.  When I can't get them made homemade, the kids prefer the peanut butter ones.

Comments

Kelly said…
I've seen that brand at the store. I need to see if they are non gmo. We are chipaholics around here and I hate it!!!!
Liz said…
This is my hubbys favorite chip. I havent seen the Maple-Bacon flavored ones.
EMMA said…
Maple-bacon!! that sounds like an amazing flavor. The french aren't very big on chips, they do have them here but they are generally 'plain' flavor. Although I have noticed that the supermarket is stocking more and more kinds of 'Pringles'(at shocking high prices!)

Popular posts from this blog

Question

  I have asked this before, but I know I follow a few writers who have written (and published) novels.  What is the best free or best least expensive (simple like Word) writing software to use that is not Google Docs? Thanks! I'll be back with an update soon I hope.  But I do appreciate your help, because I cannot find the information some of you suggested.

Horsetail Salve ~ A "first" this Year

We purchased some horsetail salve to try last year.  It is said to help with severely dry, cracked skin.  My husband was the first to try it, with very, very dry and cracked hands from work. He loves it!  He joked I could not have it back.   I started the infused, horsetail oil the last part of March. Something I learned:   horsetail is also called shavegrass. I infused horsetail in oil, and strained it.  I then made horsetail salve.  I remembered to label my jar with what oil(s) I used, so I can journal this all in my "Herbal Remedies" journal.  I often forget to write the oil used. Now, the one we bought, has more in it than I put in ours, as far as ingredients (the purchased salve had lanolin, and aloe).  We'll see if ours works just as good.  I added the sage essential oil, and vitamin E oil. A "first" time experience for us this year.    I bought the larger tins at a seed store in an Amish area last year.  They a...

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart