Skip to main content

Finished! ~ Randomness ~ Weather Woes

A few sunflower cup/mug coasters.  Small accomplishment, but finished.  I just may have to make more later if I have time.  Still crocheting the Bavarian stitch baby blanket and knitted dishcloths (depending on my mood).


Still working on the "family history" project - more on that later.

Timmy, one of our barn cats may have a double ear infection.  It's clear he got into a fight with something, as he has claw marks above one eye.  We brought him in to let him have a relaxing, recuperating sleep (in a kennel of course).  Poor guy.  We do need a vet in our family.

Primrose, with her goat shi-nan-igans, not only jumped the pen again and got into trouble, but somehow knocked the gate lock loose.  She let ALL the goats loose.   Prim broke one heat lamp bulb, so we are down to one now.

 I made two more batches of homemade cream of mushroom soup, and have enough mushrooms to make one more.  I just ran out of flour.

Hot ginger tea update:  Our 17 year-old was having horrible facial pain due to the weather and past injuries (broken jaw in 3 places several years ago).  I made myself the tea for shoulder inflammation and a possible cold coming on.  It helped me, so I figured it may help her.  Guess what?  She had almost immediate relief in her face.

Working on another freelance article today.  Say a prayer for mojo, awesome content, and style.

Dug out my resume, and blew off the dust.  With all the work here, I have not had volunteer work (or church since our last move) elsewhere, so now what?


Temps will be as low as -25°F tonight, and one shower water line is already froze.  



Comments

Mama Pea said…
Your weather is sounding much worse than ours here in northern MN. I must confess I don't know where you are located. Can you share the general area without giving out any specifics?
Mama Pea, we are in Northern Ohio. We are having the worst and strangest winter here ever. Other than the blizzard back in 78.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart