Skip to main content

Sunset ~ Sick Hubby ~ Another Cold Blast

Sharing a sunset photo from Sunday evening.  Just a few minutes after taking the photos, the beautiful pinks completely disappeared.

Thankfully, I have some loose leaf elderflower tea on hand.  Hubby is home sick. You know when men get sick (at least mine), they turn into blabbering babies.  I may even drain off one of my jars of elixir early (if the tea doesn't help).  


Hubby is being haggled at work for not getting a flu shot.  I won't go into why we don't, but we don't.  The threat of flu is all about us, and we are taking other precautions.  The first - washing our hands often.  The kids went to the movies last night, and the first thing I told them, was to wash their hands.  Limiting my trips to town is another.  With this said, I am looking forward to a much better garden bounty this year, resulting in a better food storage (less trips to town and less risk for illness).

Last night's weather turned ugly.  We are now entering another blast of frigid weather.  The wind was blowing last night too.  School delayed 2 hours, and the driveway is drifted pretty bad in a few places.

I'm cooking up a pot of dry black beans.  I'm not sure what I will do with them for dinner yet, but they are loaded with antioxidant compounds, and increase energy levels (and much more).  

I finally finished the crocheted baby blanket last night.  I told Hubby, I better start another one, considering how long they take to make, and the possibility of needing to gift more of them.  For now, I am crocheting some baby bath cloths.  When I am finished with the baby gifts, I will need to make a decision on whether we will participate in this year's Farmer's Market.



Comments

Kim said…
Beautiful photo, God's handiwork.

Hope hubs is well soon. We have the snow and cold as well. No schools around here.
EMMA said…
Oh dear, man flu! 'tis a terrible thing.
Amazing sun set!
Candy C. said…
I hope your hubby gets to feeling better soon, there is nothing worse than a sick man! LOL!!
My hubby DID get a flu shot this year and was sick with the flu within two weeks and THEN gave it to me! Grrrr...
You guys stay safe and warm!
Sam I Am...... said…
I hope your husband feels better as the flu is not fun no matter what sex you are. The photo is gorgeous and it sounds like you are really getting a lot done on your crocheting. I hope you all stay warm and safe and healthy.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart