Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Monday, January 13, 2014

No Schedule ~ Hubby Funny

The sunrise was beautiful for the kid's first day back to school.  Gorgeous pinks and blues everywhere.  

Yesterday was an easy dinner.  I simply cooked up pinto beans with onions, then mashed them.  We enjoyed bean burritos with all the toppings.  Some ate it in a bowl, taco salad style.  I do try to serve some sort of bean once a week, and now I am on the hunt for salmon recipes that my kids will eat.  We need more fish in our diet. 



I had exactly one cup of organic red lentils, so I mixed up a bowl of red lentil hummus.  Even my kids will eat this.  It's not as "garlicy" as the hummus I make with chickpeas.  However, I do love both.  So healthy too.  This time I mixed the parsley right into it.  We are definitely getting enough fiber in our diet.


I'm kind of in a lazy mode (simply put, in no rush, and no schedule) today, so laundry is first.  It's warm enough to put it on the line today.  I need some fresh air anyway.  I'm still congested, and cannot wait for my elderberry elixir to be ready.

I'm digging out my crafting journal today too.  I have some new ideas to jot down.

Are you writing in a journal today?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"See this?" asked Hubby.

(I look at his phone)

"I do this (took a photo of the part number for the corn/pellet burner), and boom, a part pops out for me."

"Who do you think you are?" I asked.  "George Jetsen?"

. . . men and their electronics, sigh.

5 comments:

Kim said...

We like salmon patties/cakes around here. It allows me to use my stores and have dinner on the table quickly.

Candy C. said...

Men and their toys crack me up! I have been hankerin' for some beans and cornbread...

Unknown said...

I made a crock pot full of veggie chili last night, with cornbread, and salad. I also make salmon patties, cheap and healthy!

Liz said...

Cant wait to try your hummis recipe. I made black bean enchiladas the other night. Good to eat beans, now to convince the hubby of that!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks ladies, salmon patties are on my grocery list now.