Skip to main content

No Schedule ~ Hubby Funny

The sunrise was beautiful for the kid's first day back to school.  Gorgeous pinks and blues everywhere.  

Yesterday was an easy dinner.  I simply cooked up pinto beans with onions, then mashed them.  We enjoyed bean burritos with all the toppings.  Some ate it in a bowl, taco salad style.  I do try to serve some sort of bean once a week, and now I am on the hunt for salmon recipes that my kids will eat.  We need more fish in our diet. 



I had exactly one cup of organic red lentils, so I mixed up a bowl of red lentil hummus.  Even my kids will eat this.  It's not as "garlicy" as the hummus I make with chickpeas.  However, I do love both.  So healthy too.  This time I mixed the parsley right into it.  We are definitely getting enough fiber in our diet.


I'm kind of in a lazy mode (simply put, in no rush, and no schedule) today, so laundry is first.  It's warm enough to put it on the line today.  I need some fresh air anyway.  I'm still congested, and cannot wait for my elderberry elixir to be ready.

I'm digging out my crafting journal today too.  I have some new ideas to jot down.

Are you writing in a journal today?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"See this?" asked Hubby.

(I look at his phone)

"I do this (took a photo of the part number for the corn/pellet burner), and boom, a part pops out for me."

"Who do you think you are?" I asked.  "George Jetsen?"

. . . men and their electronics, sigh.

Comments

Kim said…
We like salmon patties/cakes around here. It allows me to use my stores and have dinner on the table quickly.
Candy C. said…
Men and their toys crack me up! I have been hankerin' for some beans and cornbread...
Unknown said…
I made a crock pot full of veggie chili last night, with cornbread, and salad. I also make salmon patties, cheap and healthy!
Liz said…
Cant wait to try your hummis recipe. I made black bean enchiladas the other night. Good to eat beans, now to convince the hubby of that!
Thanks ladies, salmon patties are on my grocery list now.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart