Skip to main content

Pampering Day


The girls and I had planned to have a pedi/mani day, along with a hand heat wax treatment, right after we completed Monday's housework. They were home from school, and we were going to reward ourselves. 

We ran out of time.  With my trip to town for pellets, then making dinner, and then time with Hubby, we just plain lost track of time. Oh, by the way . . . .


I found out that corn went down from $9-something a 50 lb. bag to $5.10!  (and further north I heard it's down just under $4.00.  Woo hoo! (Mom hates it when I write "woot" on my blog, so there you go Mom, ha ha ha!).  Anyway, I drove out yesterday, and picked up two bags of corn, to burn with our pellets.  It's bit higher than my pellets, but I have to consider the cost of gas to get all the way to town for the pellets too.  Hubby was pretty excited to hear this bit of news.  Corn's BTU is much higher than wood pellets.

So. Yesterday, after school, I warmed the wax machine.  He he!  It was ready when the kids got off the bus. Tonight, it's manicures or pedicures.  I'm voting on our feet.  Mine need a good pampering.

As for Winston (yes, I kind of named him, sigh), we placed flyers all over to hopefully find his owner.  If we don't get any calls, the humane society e-mailed the they would put him on their wait-list to be taken there.  I have a bad feeling he was simply dumped here.   When the kids got home from school, they caught me snuggling the guy.  He was all cozied up in my arms, and his back legs stretched way out, sleeping.  

I hope to have a photo of the scrap, crocheted dishcloths soon.  My hands have been a little sore again.

Comments

Sam I Am...... said…
I've never burned corn....interesting. I need to get busy around here but so tired lately. It must be the cold weather or fighting a cold.
I have to play catchup again and find out about your new family member.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart