Skip to main content

From the Handiwork Journal . . .



. . . finished a few more knitted dishcloths for the store.




 . . . cut up three t-shirts to get a head start on yet another project.


 . . . working on my "getaway" scrapbook regarding hubby and I.  I am continue to add new photos, stories, captions, and memorabilia to it.  It contains our happiest memories of getaways together, taking the stress out of our daily lives, and making time for each other.  The term "island time" came from our most recent island retreat, where it means there are "no rules" for anything. No pressures, no demands, no schedules, and no worries.  Simply live and enjoy, and don't worry over anything.



. . . finished two more pot holder sets for sale.

I started to weave a few bookmarks, using up some thread that I bought at a thrift store (and Scrap store) years ago.  I posted this project on my S.C.R.A.P. blogspot. There are advantages to being sick - finished up old projects and starting new ones, without feeling guilty.

  

 

Comments

Kim said…
I love seeing all the projects you get into and it is amazing to me that you finish so many of them so fast. I can never seem to keep up that way around here. Thank you for sharing.
Thanks Kim. I think being in bed sick gave me more time to work on these projects. The bookmarks are pretty fast to make and pretty simple. I am making some for gifting next Christmas season, to get it done early.
Candy C. said…
Love the colors on those dishcloths, they really POP!! Glad you were able to catch up on some projects but not glad you were sick.
Teri said…
I love the dish rags - I think I will learn to knit again - and earn a badge in the process! But I really would like to have some more of those dish rags - I have one! Nice job!
EMMA said…
I love that dishcloth pattern, I've made up a few using it.
What are you planning with that t-shirt yarn?
Emma, I am planning to make dog rug or cat rug with them. I need to cut up many more t-shirts first.
Teri said…
I don't know if you share your secrets - but can you tell me what kind of yarn I should buy to make some solid colored dish cloths like your purple and red ones? Thank you! Wish you could teach me how to knit!
Teri said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam I Am...... said…
love your pretty colored dish cloths and your potholders too! Have you tried my "double thick" potholder pattern? I have it on Ravelry and my id is Saminar. It's easy and really think and I bet it would sell well in your store/market. Just a thought. It's not my pattern but there's a link to the FREE pattern on my Ravelry projects page. It's the only potholder I have out there. Are you on Ravelry? If you are then send me your id so we can be "friends" on there too. There's so many great projects and many are free.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart