One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One mother making ends meet and surviving today's recession by writing. One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, March 31, 2017

Parsley Pea Pesto

I made the mistake of turning on my TV in the middle of the day about a week ago.  I am addicted to watching "The Chew."  Sigh.  I cannot, cannot do this....I thought I would just take my tea break a wee bit early.  Pretty soon my breaks will be on the porch with nature and no electronics.


Anyway, I turned it on and immediately had to make the pea pesto and pasta dish they made.


I had one box of Einkorn whole wheat pasta I wanted to taste, so that was my choice of pasta for this dish.

Honestly, I didn't measure.  Once you get the hang of pesto, you may not either.  


What a brilliant idea.  So good too.  Parsley from the garden, garlic from the garden, peas from the garden (if I can ever get enough to freeze), etc.  

Delicious! 

My motto this year, in addition to our family motto on my blog.  

 

4 comments:

Sam I Am...... said...

I may have to try pesto again. I made it once and wasn't impressed but then maybe it was the person making it? LOL! My son loves The Chew also but I think you could go to their website and still get the recipes and probably watch episodes at night.

Rain said...

That's a wonderful motto! :) I'm trying to live by that motto too. I've never seen The Chew, do I dare or will I get addicted too??? I don't have a tv, but we do watch shows online, maybe I'll look for it. When I had tv and cable, I was addicted to the Food Network...I can't wait for porch season myself :)

Kristina said...

Sam I Am, I will have to do that, ha ha! They are always up-beat, funny and they have healthy recipes.

Kristina said...

Rain, we will soon be using only the internet. I haven't had a car to drop off the cable box yet. Daughter's car is still being worked on. The Chew is a great show for getting healthy and fun recipes.