Skip to main content

Parsley Pea Pesto

I made the mistake of turning on my TV in the middle of the day about a week ago.  I am addicted to watching "The Chew."  Sigh.  I cannot, cannot do this....I thought I would just take my tea break a wee bit early.  Pretty soon my breaks will be on the porch with nature and no electronics.


Anyway, I turned it on and immediately had to make the pea pesto and pasta dish they made.


I had one box of Einkorn whole wheat pasta I wanted to taste, so that was my choice of pasta for this dish.

Honestly, I didn't measure.  Once you get the hang of pesto, you may not either.  


What a brilliant idea.  So good too.  Parsley from the garden, garlic from the garden, peas from the garden (if I can ever get enough to freeze), etc.  

Delicious! 

My motto this year, in addition to our family motto on my blog.  

 

Comments

Sam I Am...... said…
I may have to try pesto again. I made it once and wasn't impressed but then maybe it was the person making it? LOL! My son loves The Chew also but I think you could go to their website and still get the recipes and probably watch episodes at night.
Rain said…
That's a wonderful motto! :) I'm trying to live by that motto too. I've never seen The Chew, do I dare or will I get addicted too??? I don't have a tv, but we do watch shows online, maybe I'll look for it. When I had tv and cable, I was addicted to the Food Network...I can't wait for porch season myself :)
Sam I Am, I will have to do that, ha ha! They are always up-beat, funny and they have healthy recipes.
Rain, we will soon be using only the internet. I haven't had a car to drop off the cable box yet. Daughter's car is still being worked on. The Chew is a great show for getting healthy and fun recipes.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart