Tomato sauce canned. It's been time consuming this month, so hence the lack of blog posts. Sigh. It's been very tiring lately, as well as dealing with life in general. Canning is nothing new to my blog, so new content is an issue too. Unless we grow something new or can a new recipe.
I'm continuing to dehydrate more home grown lemon balm for the winter teas, drying more calendula for salves, and so forth.
Catastrophe has happened with my husband's cell phone while mowing. He said he didn't realize it at first, but when he turned around and saw smoke, he new he ran over his cell phone. More expenses have rolled in. Life has a way of doing that once in a while.
I have not worked on my crochet book blanket in many months. Canning season can do that too. It can be very consuming, so much that you often feel left out of fall events.
We hear zero from our kids, so we are considering our holiday plans (or no plans) this time of year as well. I love Christmas, and if feels very strange to not be preparing for it this year. Kids today are influenced so much by social media, that they don't have what we had when we were growing up, and the results can be shocking. Our kids don't have to love us, they don't have to like us, and they don't have to come visit us, but they do have to respect us.
I missed the deadline for the next writing contest, and have another one, but....one excuse after another. I'm slowly chipping away at my work, but for some reason feel held back unwillingly.
Canning put me in a "funk" this year, and I don't know why, but it did. I planted the tomatoes, so we will process them all, but there are days. Life has a way of throwing all sorts of things at you all at once, so the swirling pit of anxiety/depression or whatever you want to call it, can fester up mini internal tornados. In other words, I am not feeling like myself lately.
I see that the other new calendula plants are still growing, but no flowers yet. I realized the other day, I am not sure I wrote down which one was planted where, so I'll have to compare the packet (which I did keep) with the flowers. Oh, and I planted 4 types, with one being the regular (general) calendula seeds.
This and That © September 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart
Comments