Skip to main content

Homemade Biscuits

                       

I am on a biscuit mission, to enhance side options for breakfast sandwiches, soup dinners and even get togethers.  These were Cheddar and Chive Biscuits.

We once, on our adventures this year, tasted the most delicious breakfast sandwiches, there were served on a cheddar and chive biscuit (made in the restaurant from scratch).

Results:  Delicious! I used all organic ingredients, and cut the chives fresh from our herb garden.  

The recipe uses a different method to incorporate the butter and makes a very light and fluffy dough (a tip from Cooks Illustrated?).

Note:  The above biscuit recipe is online if you are interested:  Ridiculously Easy Cheddar Chive Biscuits (The Café Sucre Farine)

Note 2:  Be sure to flour your biscuit cutter (or it will stick a bit).

Homemade Biscuits  ©  April 2025 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

Comments

Oh, those biscuits look mouth watering good! We love a good biscuit here in the south! Mostly we just do basic biscuits with chunks of butter baked into them, and then more butter with jam, or last night we had home made beef stew over biscuits. A truly southern dish is sausage gravy over biscuits. Hubby loves that. I remember my Mama making a simple supper of creamed tuna over biscuits. Your cheddar chive biscuits really sound good. Thanks for celebrating biscuits today!
Pamela M. Steiner, I love sausage gravy over biscuits and I have not made that in a while. I keep telling my husband I need to upgrade my very old biscuit recipe to a fluffier biscuit. He claims they are okay, but I think it's time to try new recipes, since mine is from a magazine about 20 years ago, and not a family handed down recipe (basic biscuits). Glad you enjoyed this post.
Faith said…
Bread I can do, bisquits are the challenge for me, I keep trying and trying. Maybe I should change how I view them? They are not the store bought light & fluffy made by machine, but are hand created with real ingreadients, so I should expect something different from the get gol Making that Lamb cake today, ( I hope) . waiting for butter to come to room temp.
Thanks for the link to the recipe, I will give it a try!!
Faith, this biscuit dough is very fluffy before rolling on a dough mat or table. I was surprised.
Far Side of Fifty, you are welcome.
Carol said…
That breakfast sandwich looks delicious! I wish my husband liked homemade biscuits, but he does not.
Carol, I prefer an English muffin, but these were fantastic. Thanks.
I am going to be trying this pretty soon!
Anne in the kitchen, please let me know if you like them. So far, it's been the only "new" biscuit recipe that we have decided to keep.
Wendy said…
That really looks good! I looked at the recipe and it really is a very different way to make them. I will give it a try. The chives in the garden are asking for it ;-)
Wendy, I never heard of the process this recipe uses, and it did work out very nicely. I hope you enjoy them too.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart