Skip to main content

Solar Powered Rodent Repeller ~ Motion Activated

 

In desperation, my husband told me to order a set of these.  I'll have to go back on my Amazon and get the actual brand, but there are several on Amazon (not an affiliate).  He's been working 16 hour shifts and we have no help to get the garden fence up.  These were charged and put in one of the gardens.

The next day, I did not see one squirrel.  I typically see about 3 going around munching on maple tree helicopters.  I have not seen any of them since these went into the garden.  I have not lost any more bell pepper plants either, and some are coming back (where something bit the tops off).  

If they continue to work, I will buy two for the other area we planted.  The ones I ordered stated they were also waterproof of course.


We continue to remain in drought conditions here.  I'm running out of blog content, so don't worry if you don't see daily posts. There is nothing going on but my husband working his bum off, me watering everything, and back to purging/organizing.


Comments

Faith said…
me too, purging and organizing. Less stuff and more organized if it needs to be moved, you never know. I'd rather know that what I have kept is what I want and not have to go through it in a hurry.
Faith, exactly! We are cracking up every time we find stuff we haven't used for years, or forgot about, or just don't use.
Leigh said…
Wow, this gadget sounds hopeful! I wonder if it would work for groundhogs. We have one living under our garden shed that's helping itself to my garden. The cats will take care of mice, chipmunks, and shrews, but they won't mess with groundhogs (or skunks).
Leigh, I need to get barn cats again. The stray that was here, just up and left. Same with the last one. We were blessed for years. And we too have a ground hog living in the old barn ruble, so I may be getting two more and setting them at the other garden. I will update if I do. Yesterday I smelled skunk, so one is pretty close to the homestead.
Debi said…
After being inundated with squirrels and chipmunks the past two years, we haven't seen many at all this year. However, we have a big, fat raccoon who wanders the backyard at night. (Hubby gifted me a surveillance camera for the garden for my birthday... it 's fun to watch what goes on out there!) He can't get in the garden because it is fenced in. We also discovered a skunk wandering around and he did manage to get into one of the fenced in areas.
Debi, I have smelled a skunk around here a few days, but have not seen it. I should put a trail camera out there to watch too. I just haven't figured out where I put it last ha ha! It's somewhere around here.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart