Skip to main content

Sheet Pan Scrambled Eggs ~ Freezer Re-Stock

I have baked eggs in the oven on a sheet pan previously, but I wanted to make scrambled eggs for easier breakfast sandwiches.  I also wanted them in the freezer for a quick breakfast, or if we had company (aka kids).





I did some research on time, temperature, size of pan, etc.

I decided to go with 18 eggs, a 12 x 17 inch sheet pan (jelly roll pan), and parchment paper.

Tip: Spray oil onto the pan, line with parchment paper, and spray again.  You will want 15 inch wide parchment paper, or your eggs may go under the parchment in the sides or corners.  I used my 12 inch paper and it went under one corner just a bit.

Preheat Oven to 350°F, bake 15-17 minutes or until eggs are no longer jiggly in the center.  It does take a much steady hand to put this in the oven without spilling it.  I may use a smaller pan and 12 eggs next time.  

I can cut 12 servings this way and freeze them for future sandwiches, or make the entire sandwich, wrap in plastic wrap, then foil, and then into a freezer bag (or airtight container).  I have not tried this yet with freezer paper, but if you do, let me know if that works as well.  It will last up to 3 months in the freezer, according to my research.





It was an all morning breakfast freezer re-stock, but half was for this week and half went into the freezer, minus the bacon.  I made 2 lbs. of homemade sage (using dehydrated sage from the herb garden) turkey sausage patties and 1/2 lb. of bacon.

2 lbs. of turkey sausage sounds like a lot, but one serving is about 4 oz. or 1/2 cup before cooking.

Comments

Debi said…
I keep thinking about making breakfast sandwiches to put in the freezer but I have yet to actually do it. One of these days... thanks for sharing your research.
Debi, it was nice to have egg covering every inch of bread, but I think I will just drop and bake eggs next time. You can freeze the entire sandwich, but I did not do that this time.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart