Skip to main content

Land of the Unfinished and other closet finds....

 I do not have a craft room in my house.  A few years ago, I started to move totes of yarn upstairs, on shelves on one wall of the "gym" room.  I have always used our walk-in closet for such items, along with shelves in my utility room.

I have started the process of cleaning it all out of the closet, and oh my word, did things get buried in there.  I have used a  bookshelf full of crafting items.  I am attempting to empty it, come up with an organized storage upstairs, and move the bookshelf to the "guest" bedroom or spare room.


Unfinished Christmas ornaments in a kitchen soup bowl.  Gulp!  I started these in 2017!!!!  That was six years ago.  I was making them for the kids for Christmas, and even wrote a blog post for making them on my other blog:  HERE

Under those above ornaments a pair of unfinished candy corn earrings.  Have no idea why that tiny spool was in there.

Unfinished granny square scarf, and one water balloon.


Unfinished set of pot holders, because I could not get yarn that matched to make the second one.

Unfinished cover top for one of the girls.


Unfinished camper Christmas ornaments.


Unfinished flip flop key chain.

Unfinished thin dishcloth.

Unfinished Christmas ornament project.

Unfinished set of pot holders.


Unfinished knitted dishcloth.



These are the current "finds" in the closet

My first, ever pair of crocheted baby booties.  They ended up too big.


A pair of thick socks we bought for one of the kids for Christmas last year.


More lip balm and salve containers I didn't know I had.



Six hand sewn apron bottle drink covers with straw slot on the front.  I put a pencil in the top one to show you.  I bought these so, so, so many years ago from a friend.  I have a women's group at that time, and I wanted to gift them.  I guess that never got done, ha ha! 

I found a dime while cleaning.  Smiling here.

Oh, we have only just begun.  However, I have finished painting one entire doorway trim in the hallway.




Comments

Debi said…
The things we find that we forgot we had when we clean! I'm glad I'm not the only one! Have a great weekend!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart